Matrox: Launch date official - May 14th.

Well even if what you are saying would be true :LOL: , I wonder didn't u notice that every detonater lately is slower then the version b4?

A GF4 Ti will outperform Parhelia in a lot of games due to driver optimizations.

That's a little surprising since the Perhelia has about twice the hardware. If the AA works well on most games that's what's really going to tip the scales.

Jerry Cornelius said:
A GF4 Ti will outperform Parhelia in a lot of games due to driver optimizations.

That's a little surprising since the Perhelia has about twice the hardware. If the AA works well on most games that's what's really going to tip the scales.

Agreed, somewhat. I probably should've qualified my earlier statement by saying that the GF4 will initially outperform Parhelia since it's up to Matrox's driver team to close the gap as much as they can. But look at 3D Gamegauge. . .no aniso whatsoever and one set of the benchmarks run at 16x12, no AA. A lot of people will probably jump all over those scores (not that I'll lose sleep if they do).

Just wait for the initial drivers from Matrox... a lot of folks are being overly pessimistic about Matrox drivers for no real good reason IMO.

seems everyone, heard from their cousin , that matrox's opengl wasn't all that at launch

and it took a while of course ..

I think matrox has to stress the fact that Everything SHOULD be enabled when they send the boards to reviewers , i don't know but if i can run a game with everything maxed out , i know i will

what kills me is i still see Quake 3 benchmarks at 640x480 in 16 bit

Reverend said:
Just wait for the initial drivers from Matrox... a lot of folks are being overly pessimistic about Matrox drivers for no real good reason IMO.

without counting OGL incident, (and I relly didn't need it back then.) G400 had best drivers I have ever used. Betas, Officials, Unified, every single driver I tested worked without any faults. I even owned "legendary" VIA Apollo III chipset based (even more legendary) LuckyStar motherboard, which had big problems even without any cards installed, but Matrox worked like a charm. So, after this AIW Radeon driver hell (this works with TV, but not with SPDIF and this one does fine with SPDIF but doesn't work at all with latest games and so on...) it is easy to say that I will not miss a bit ATi's tech support and drivers.

I am pretty confident that Matrox comes up with at least decent launch time drivers and they will continue improve them all the time.

I don't have any reason to be pessimistic. :)

matrox's drivers werent overly problematic. But the whole opengl ICD thing was a debacle. And their driver response time was somewhat glacial as well...

Well our code worked on Parhelia from the start...

While I've just spent like two days searching for workarounds for the bugs in the current official nVidia detonator drivers...

I'm going to try to put my best charm to Matrox tomorrow (meeting 9am sharp at E3 *YAWN* and see if they'll let me run benchmarks ... No guarantees they'll let me post them however...

Back