Matrix Revolution!

Well the cops and security guards are probably humans... Its hard to know sometimes if the person being shot is human or program tho... Saw revolutions for the 3rd time last night and it gets better with each viewing. Its obvious now its the payoff for the other 2 films and is classic anime in terms of storytelling. This was the story of neo not the matrix and it has that tragic anime ending... Im not surprised its not completely palatable to us audiences as anime is a niche market there.

Of course there are still gobs of questions asked in parts 1 and 2 and I know we'll see it in comics and other media... hopefully a full length anime feature I think would be appropriate... Bought the first compilation of matrix comics last night and am up to the great neil gainman piece... worth the 15$ I feel...

pax said:
Well the cops and security guards are probably humans... Its hard to know sometimes if the person being shot is human or program tho...

true, tho the Merovingian's guards are programs. Can't work out his purpose myself..

What's ffs again?
And they dont kill any real people? You sure?
.... less of the profanities mate.

Edit: I missed pax' reply... oops

Randell said:
true, tho the Merovingian's guards are programs. Can't work out his purpose myself..

I think Merovingian is just a powerful program living in the Matrix who wanted to keep the Keymaker slaving away in the dungeon making special keys for him. If you lived in the Matrix, wouldn't you want the Keymaker too? Any other purpose he may have wasn't important to the story...

Headstone said:
Would Merovingian possibly be considered a Trojan program? Hence his ability to open a back door to the Matrix

Possibly.

Some believe that he's a rogue programme that was created when one of the previous 'One's merged with the Matrix (effectively a disillusioned copy of that 'One').

Headstone said:
Would Merovingian possibly be considered a Trojan program? Hence his ability to open a back door to the Matrix

i have forgotten his position within the matrix. What was it he was supposed to do for the matrix?

One of the cutscenes in enter the matrix has the keymaker describe merovingian as an exile program. Some good speculation has him described as an outdated program created and used by the architect to further analyze the problems that choice kept on creating...

pax said:
One of the cutscenes in enter the matrix has the keymaker describe merovingian as an exile program. Some good speculation has him described as an outdated program created and used by the architect to further analyze the problems that choice kept on creating...

That makes sense. The "Merovingian" reference no doubt connects him to either The Architect or The One, and his henchmen are vampires etc - from an earlier incarnation of The Matrix.

Because of all his banging on about cause & effect, perhaps he was designed to analyse causality within The Matrix and restrict the effects of human free will (essentially what pax says above). When the Matrix was redesigned to allow for imbalance and "The One equation" he was no longer needed and subsequently grew powerful in exile, obviously wanting to avoid deletion. Perhaps that's why he holds The Keymaker - it's his only protection from The Architect.

MuFu.

What I wonder is why Merovingian even tries to keep the Keymaker even though he must know that invetable effect of the rise of the One is that he will lose the Keymaker. The Keymaker is a necessary part of the Architect's plan to have the One return to the source. If there is no free will, only cause and effect, as Merovingian, the Architect, and Oracle all believe, then events set in motion by the rise of the One must result in Merovingian losing the Keymaker, mustn't they? So why does Merovingian resist? Wouldn't it be more profitable to him to work out a deal with the One, whereby he at least gains something of value? As it is, he not only lost the Keymaker, but also all of his henchmen.

I wanted to hold my comments till I saw it a second time .

I must say that this makes eps 1 and 2 of star wars oscar quality films .

I did not care for the second one in this series and the third one just makes me want to cry. Its obvious that they never intended this to be a trilogy and when the suits offered the brothers tons of money for another two they said sure sure we have more . There are way to many holes in the plot. To many borrowed ideas.

I sum this up as Bladerunner + starwars + johnny nemonic + 13th floor . To bad it does not equal the sum of its parts.

COOL movie!

INteresting that Revolutions made over 200 million dollars in 5 days (a record) yet me and my wife went to the movies at 4:40 pm and had the whole theator to ourselves :D :?: . Maybe we played too much during the movie but we had a bang or two watching it. Anyways I loved it, the intriguing story, action and twists.

Oh, at the end the machine unplugs from Neo, as Neo is moved to who knows where. It shows, after Neo is unplugged, his vision of the machine world, in short Neo is not dead since he is still seeing. As for Trinity, is she really dead or unconscious, from the movie it appears she is dead but a possibility exist that she is unconscious and could be revived by the machines or maybe cloned :).

In any case the story was brillant and well told by the series ;).

noko said:
COOL movie!

INteresting that Revolutions made over 200 million dollars in 5 days (a record) yet me and my wife went to the movies at 4:40 pm and had the whole theator to ourselves :D :?: . Maybe we played too much during the movie but we had a bang or two watching it. Anyways I loved it, the intriguing story, action and twists.

Oh, at the end the machine unplugs from Neo, as Neo is moved to who knows where. It shows, after Neo is unplugged, his vision of the machine world, in short Neo is not dead since he is still seeing. As for Trinity, is she really dead or unconscious, from the movie it appears she is dead but a possibility exist that she is unconscious and could be revived by the machines or maybe cloned :).

They opened everywhere on the same day. Thesecond movie died out around 200 million in the usa. Its doubt full that this one will even hit 200 million . Its at 115 million . But the first weekend and second weekend diffrence is over 60% drop. Not very good with even stronger movies continueing to open over the next few weeks. Then on dec 17 return of the king will be its death .

jvd said:
noko said:
COOL movie!

They opened everywhere on the same day. Thesecond movie died out around 200 million in the usa. Its doubt full that this one will even hit 200 million . Its at 115 million . But the first weekend and second weekend diffrence is over 60% drop. Not very good with even stronger movies continueing to open over the next few weeks. Then on dec 17 return of the king will be its death .

sure about those numbers?? is it for US alone or worldwide? cause i read somewhere that the whole trilogy has mane something like 800 millions worldwide so far, and is expected to hit 1B eventually (doubt it, since it will die out quickly, still there is revenue from DVD's and rights so u never know)...

its not a problem . They saw the market after the second one and they knew to launch everwhere at once was the only way they would break records .

It took 15 weeks for matrix reloaded to hit 280 million in the usa (sorry I was off with the numbers.)

But to give you an idea

Matrix 3 first wed - thur 35 million - matrix 2 42 million

week 1 fri - thursday . Matrix 3 hit the 62 million mark matrix 2 hit 121 million

So by the end of 1 week the matrix 2 made twice what the matrix 3 made... ouch..

Now from fri -wed of this week matrix 3 made 117million vs 214 million of matrix 2 .

Now this weekend its predicted to hit 7th place and make 7.3 million

That is not good at all. Esp not with gothica and cat in the hat the only openings that are coming out. Whats even scarier is that last weekend it was forcasted to make 20 million but only made 16 million.

One more thing is next wensdays releases .

You have timeline , haunted mansion , the missing and bad santa . Following on dec 5 the last samuri and then right into the last rings on dec 17th.

on a side note, i read somewhere that Keanu Reeves made 200 million out of the trilogy (considering EVERYTHING, not only the movies themselves)....

errrmmmm... it WAS a typo, right.......... please tell me it was, 200mil is just too much for one actor just for a trilogy...

london-boy said:
on a side note, i read somewhere that Keanu Reeves made 200 million out of the trilogy (considering EVERYTHING, not only the movies themselves)....

errrmmmm... it WAS a typo, right.......... please tell me it was, 200mil is just too much for one actor just for a trilogy...
sounds right considering he gave a few million back to the movies to get some effects done .

Lets see 3 movies , toys , video games , board games and posters . Then dvds .... I can see 200 million if he has a few points in the movie

Back