Matching CPU, Bus speed and Ram to a Graphics Card

Hi,

I posted this in the other forum too. I'm working on building a generalized model for predicting scores for various benchmarks based on a number of attributes. I've so far collected about 3600 scores from different reviews and right now am working on verifying that the model seems to be working as it should. It's actually predicting *very* well when doing a 66% split or 10 fold cross validation.

Right now I'm getting a mean absolute error of about 8%, and a confidence of 0.996 (this is using M5 rules in Weka). Once I've verified that everything is working as it should (I need to make sure that the model isn't overfitting the data or anything) then I'm going to work on the paper, and eventually I'm hoping to get some sort of website built to play with the model online.

In laymens terms, I'm hoping to make a website where you enter in a cpu/videocard/memory configuration, and a benchmark with a certain map/resolution/AA/Aniso/etc, and you'll get a predicted score within a certain degree of accuracy.

Thanks,
Nite_Hawk

Jollie:

Yeah, I need sample points to be able to build the model, so any game I want to be able to predict well I'll need to collect scores for.

Nite_Hawk

well you would have to look at different CPUs, different Cores on them and their changes and what effect they have on performance...
and all that.. I guess..

If you get a working one, that would be pretty cool..
Also would be neat if sites doing alot of benchmarks would once and a while pull together alot of GPUs and run them on CPUs ranging from like, 2Ghz and upwards to show the scaling and if there is any point to by "X" card if your on "Y" CPU speed..
seems like some did a few years back, like the one i posted on the previous page, but havent seen any recently..

Jollie:

Right now, I record 15 attributes:

Cpu Type
Cpu Speed
Memory Speed
Chipset
Gpu
Gpu Speed
Video Mem speed
Driver
Resolution
Filtering (Tri vs Bri vs Bi)
AA
Aniso
Benchmark
Map
Score

It seems to be working fairly well so far. I need to do more testing though... Always a matter of time. Need more of it. :)

Nite_Hawk

Back