Mass Effect PS3, Looking Slim

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading an article from an Austrailian 360 magazine regarding an interview with Bioware CEO Ray Muzyka and here is what he has to say -

Speaking exclusively to Australian 360 at EA’s European Showcase, Muzyka also stated “we said we were committed to supporting Mass Effect as a franchise and have the trilogy on the Xbox 360, and that’s still our goal”, before adding to the question of the trilogy staying exclusive with what appears to be a subtle jibe at Sony, saying “we’re always very ambitious in our goals and the most important thing is quality, so we’re never going to compromise that.”

here is the full article-
http://xboxoz360.wordpress.com/2008...trilogy-exclusive-to-360-mass-effect-2-in-09/

So even though EA took over Bioware is the chance of seeing Mass Effect on the PS3 slipping away

Cheers

I want ME2 by end of 09 :mad: Get it done Bioware and MS! The best game of this generation to date needs it's sequel!

Except he didn't really say anything. He just dodged the question, nothing really spectacular. The 'subtle jibe' is just the magazine's own skew on a very standard comment.

I can't see any kind of jab at Sony there. It simply says they are committed to the trilogy on the 360 exclusively and won't compromise quality. You might say the quality comment alludes to dual-porting resulting in lower quality (something that's been proven wrong) but that's hardly a swipe at Sony.

Except that from that excerpt, he doesn't even guarantee 360 exclusivity. All he says is 'we're bringing the trilogy to 360', which we already knew. Unless there's something more in the actual magazine (the blog pointed to in the link only has that excerpt). I'm not saying that it is coming, just that Muzyka gave the magazine a non-answer and we're acting like it's news.

I dont think anybody ever doubted that this title was going to be exclusive, considering their publisher is microsoft game studios.

I dont think anybody ever doubted that this title was going to be exclusive, considering their publisher is microsoft game studios.

Not for the entire trilogy, as I understand. And clearly Bioware kept their IP. I do think PS3's chance of getting ME1 is slim. What about a chance of getting say, Mass Effect Trilogy?

This is one franchise I would like to see on PS3, but even if it doesn't ever happen, I'll be glad my roommate will have purchased a 360 then (soon)!

Really? I would actually expect this to head to every platform possible. This is the gen of pretty much no 3rd party exclusives, after all.

Its ms published.

So is the sequal that is to come out , the third one might not be but then again they are all supposed to be the same story line. So I don't think we will see a third one on the ps3 as the first two can't come out on it . Would bea bit pointless.

However I do see a part 4 taking place with some new characters in a time period on both the ps3/4 and xbox 360/next

If the first and second titles in the series are under lock-down by virtue of being published by MS, no doubt the third one will be as well. After that it's probably up in the air. Maybe they have a deal with Bioware similar to the Bungie Halo deal?

If the first and second titles in the series are under lock-down by virtue of being published by MS, no doubt the third one will be as well. After that it's probably up in the air. Maybe they have a deal with Bioware similar to the Bungie Halo deal?

I don't known that MS is in majority in the board of Bioware, like in Bungie…;)
This new not tell something we don't known, so no news.

Except (and I had forgotten about this) ME PC was published by EA. So how much of a lockdown is it, really?

I don't known that MS is in majority in the board of Bioware, like in Bungie…;)
This new not tell something we don't known, so no news.

MS controls the publishing of this title in the console space, so they "effectively" have exclusivity.

Except (and I had forgotten about this) ME PC was published by EA. So how much of a lockdown is it, really?

I didn't know that. Still, I don't think it has any bearing on the console market. If MS wants to keep a franchise exclusive to 360 and Windows, they still control both platforms. As long as it doesn't go to PS3 or Wii (or an alternative OS - yeah right), they still win.

Just seen an article over at strategyinformer.com about the Austrilian Xbox 360 Magazine that made the quote -

According to the blog, Muzyka had told the Australian Xbox360 mag that the studio was focused on bringing "the Mass Effect trilogy exclusively to the Xbox 360."

But a Bioware spokesman has recently made the following quote-

"This site is incorrect; Ray did NOT make any such statement regarding any exclusivity plans for the Mass Effect trilogy.

So a litte light for the PS3 in the end, that the takeover by EA making more likely the games go multi-platform

You know its out on the pc which means its no longer exclusive .

The game wont come out on the ps3 . Ms published it and it be foolish to think that they didn't get exclusive rights for it . Part 2 and 3 mabye , but if they made the deal for the first 2 then i doubt part 3 will ever see the light.

MS controls the publishing of this title in the console space, so they "effectively" have exclusivity.

Do we know this for sure? I was seriously asking in my earlier post: does MS still have publishing rights to ME, or was it part of the deal when EA bought Bioware/Pandemic? Or did MS ever actually 'own' the rights to begin with? BIoware clearly kept the IP, and they (with pandemic) were always famous for being one of the most powerful independent devs, before the buyout. Or did MS simply relinquish their PC rights?

It's safe to assume it's exclusive until news comes out that is is not. So it begs the question, why does this thread exists?

We are discussing the fact that someone said it's not coming to the PS3 when no one seriously thought it was?

Do we know this for sure? I was seriously asking in my earlier post: does MS still have publishing rights to ME, or was it part of the deal when EA bought Bioware/Pandemic? Or did MS ever actually 'own' the rights to begin with? BIoware clearly kept the IP, and they (with pandemic) were always famous for being one of the most powerful independent devs, before the buyout. Or did MS simply relinquish their PC rights?

Or did MS merely have distribution of ME and nothing else? This could be on a time, territory, or platform basis.

We really have no idea though so it's all just guessing by everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back