mario galaxy reviews = action plan to purchase

kyetech

Regular
Having just seen the mario galaxy reviews it dawned on me; I've GOT to buy a wii. So since I dont have much money I needed a plan....

Thanks to the genius of nintendo marketing, and my ability to pitch products as a salesman, It became clear what I needed to do....

(siting round the dinner table with familiiy) I first of all introduced how fun the Wii could be for party activities at Xmas. And talked about how much value it could add as a social activity for us all to take part in, Of course everyones heard of the wii anyway so I already had a great advantage.... and then came the important bit.... I recommended to my family that we could all chip in and contribute, that way it wouldnt be too expensive for any1 person. SO after telling my mum about Wii Fit, she was sold....(my dad naturally just goes along with whatever my mum says, so he was sold be default) And my sister about Wii sports, she was sold, And my nephews about Galaxy, they were sold. And so the contributions have rolled in and a purchase is on its way.

So now all I have to pay is my contribution of £50 and Mario Galaxy will be mine. Mwhhaaa hhaaaa haaa ha.

SO ive decided to write a letter of gratitude to Nintendo:

------

Dear Nintendo marketing strategists,

Thank you for giving me the chance to get a Wii + Galaxy for £50, Your efforts to inform women children and familly of your entertainment system have helped me leverage some great advantage for purchasing power.

Yours Faithfully

Kye. ;-)

------

Last edited by a moderator:
This game kicks ass. Just did the intro and the first "level." Gotta go to the gym, but I know I'm going to be up late tonight!

I picked my copy up today and I do not want to stop but I must go to bed for work. The game is really fun. Roaming around the planets, up is down and down is up. This game is just awesomeness.

I finished the first galaxy, I guess, last night. The level designs are very good. There's a lot of interesting stuff. It feels like Mario, so as not to alienate Mario fans, but it also feels refreshing at the same time. I hope the levels get really crazy.

Anyone that's a fan of platforming should most definitely play this game. Anyone that's a fan of gaming in general, should give it a shot. It really is a return to form for the Mario franchise. This really is a significant contribution to gaming, and not just a title for dedicated fans.

Got a chance to play an hour or so this morning, really nice and the whole spherical thing feels fresh and unusual but doesn't alienate, still able to jump around and know where mario is.

Needs more play but has the feeling of a classic :)

Tried out the two player mode with my brother last night. I think it was pretty boring for him ... ha ha ha. It would be perfect for him and his girlfriend, because for some reason she likes to let him control the game, and be a back seat driver. I think having that little bit of input would be fun for her.

Finished the 2nd Galaxy, and it has a lot of neat designs in it. This game is good times, for sure.

I started playing like an hour ago and it's awesome, I just got the second star in I guess the first galaxy. the wagglewand mechanics don't bother me at all and I love how you have one gold star in a level (rather than SMS where there's basically one giant gameworld and you have to use a walkthrough). it looks like the best platformer I've ever played.

the 2 player mode (which I haven't tried but I know how it works) seems like it'd only work when you play with a little kid or with a very casual gamer. I like the idea but it's not something the average gamer would want.

Wow... we either are disconnected with the normal gamer (a given) or Mario isn't getting enough love :|

I've played it through a couple of levels last night and.. can't really work with the buggy controls.. for instance the stars ring you need to go through, as soon as you walk from the top plane of a star, to a side plane.. the controls flip around.. so when I push right, Mario suddenly runs left and I need to go back again.. this doesn't happen on any of the planets (controls work great, superb even in semi-2d mode) but.. I just can't help feeling the controls are not as optimized as they could be..

Wow... we either are disconnected with the normal gamer (a given) or Mario isn't getting enough love :|

I'm really surprised at how dead this thread is. The game is fantastic, and if anyone wanted to discuss graphics on the Wii, this is the game to do it. Oh well. We can keep enjoying ourselves and all the other suckers can miss out.

I got this on Thursday evening, and the game is absolutely great. I have some other games to finish before I really get deep into it, though (trying to clear my huge backlog in an FIFO manner, or some stuff is never going to get played). I'm midway through the Bee kingdom, and it's probably already the best 3D platformer I've ever played. Brilliant.

Aaargh! Don't carry on about how good the game is - I was intending to wait until prices had dropped before buying a Wii (still think it is overpriced) but I may not be able to hold off trying to get one this Christmas!

It will be the fourth console I've bought especially for the Mario games. I bought an N64 just to play Mario64 and sold it to a friend as soon as I'd finished the game!

so true, according to http://www.gamerankings.com/
this has now displaced zelda as the highest ranking game of all time!!!!
something that doesnt happen every day, yet theres no buzz here (this + uncharted are the 2 titles ive been praising all year)

still at least with awards GOTY is gonna be pretty consensual this year, like it was in 2003 with GTA3

Back