Man On Fire

Ya saw it last week... Loved the gritty feel of the movie... Denzel shines as usual.

I though the movie got afraid of showing some of the more brutal side of Mexican kindappings and the ending was a bit convoluted but then again they couldnt do this flick as an x rated and get it seen...

Still 4-5 stars

I like Tony Scotts directing style. If I remember correctly, I think in the directors commentary, he describes making a movie is like painting with a camera. Tony Scott is actually a painter and his eye for detail ends up on film.

I also liked Spy Game which Tony Scott directed, so you may want to check that out.

Just saw this flick again, it really hits me hard.

A brutally realistic movie (remove some of the holywoodian parts) and its spot on.

One can't help but sympathize with the main character and wonder if one wouldn't do the same thing if put in the same situation (torture etc).

What I like in this movie is the usual bias normally found in films against 'the ends justify the means', is absent.

Here as in real life, things are grey. Its not clear whether John Creasy is a hero or a murderer. Whether what he does is admissible or not.

Great film. Almost "over-directed" though; some of the cinematography was a little trite. JMHO.

Back