Mafia III

Bludd

Experiencing A Significant Gravitas Shortfall
Veteran
So Mafia III is out and while it has a 30 FPS cap which the devs are releasing a patch for soon, it looks pretty good and I have to say the music is fly af.

Some good voice acting too and there are the Playboy collectibles (among others) which is always nice :D

The only thing bugging me at the moment is the auto-centering camera when you drive. I hope they patch in a toggle for that because I want to have full control of it with the mouselook.

Here are some moody screenshots from the Bayou20161007172527_1.jpg 20161007172534_1.jpg 20161007172538_1.jpg

Okay there's this cloud cover sunlight effect they have and it is too jarring, it goes from dark low light to sunny in an instant and it looks like a bug (maybe it is?). It needs to be more subtle

So far all reports is that it's a rather lazy and bad PC port. Devs have promised to work on it, however, and are soliciting feedback from PC users as to what they'd like to see changed/implemented.

I'm going to wait and see what the developers actually deliver with regards to PC patches. Shame as I liked the previous 2 games and was planning on getting this. But I'm not going to reward them for a crappy PC port.

Regards,
SB

i wonder with the sandbox gameplay itself. Will they improve from Mafia 2 or will they cut them down even more

a few nice things in Mafia 2
- you can rob a clothing store, a gas station, etc. Then you go away. When you go back, police will be interviewing the clerk. If you go near the clerk, the clerk will say something like

"Sir! thats... thats the guy that robbed me!"

and the cop starts chasing you :D

- and... um... i forgot the others :(

Couple of videos and I must say it does look rather nice, despite some console flaws.

There was a patch yesterday which added the FPS improvements, so I have to say they were pretty fast (even though this should have been there on release).

I have yet to try it, though. Maybe the car chase cam auto-align is toggleable too.

Saw some videos, and it seems to have a damn ambitious and fully featured engine, but the end result can varry from incredible to extremely weird. Seems like it needed a few more months of polish but was rushed out somewhat unfinished. What a shame.

yup as i suspected.

they made super streamlined Mafia 3. All the weird cruft, little things, that made Mafia 2 felt alive are GONE.

Wow, Mafia 2 seems like an amazing game!
I have it in my library but never played it. The game's beginning is too slow so I eventually lost interest and went with something else at the time.

Back