Lost theory (the series) ***spoiler warning***

carpediem

Regular
Found some interesting stuff on the lost-forum.com

Possible spoilers about the future of Lost
source (need to register to view)

http://www.wisegeek.com/what-types-of-space-colonies-have-been-proposed.htm

In 1929, Dr. John Desmond Bernal conceived of the Bernal sphere, a rotating space colony with a diameter of approximately 15 kilometers (9.3 miles), filled with air and colonized around the equator, where the rotation of the colony would create centrifugal force to simulate Earth's gravity.

In the 60s and 70s, speculation and research into the possibility of space colonies experienced a renaissance, brought on by the Space Race. One of the most prominent thinkers participating in the design and advocacy of space colonies was Princeton physicist Gerard O'Neill, who in 1969 asked the provocative question, "Is the surface of a planet really the right place for an expanding technological civilization?" Throughout the 70s, O'Neill led workshops that investigated several proposed space colony designs in great detail. A NASA Summer Study in 1975 investigated three primary designs, dubbed Island One, Island Two, and Island Three. All three are based on the premise of a self-sustaining, artificial ecology within the station, called an arcology.

I found something else about "Bernal Sphere" :

"A Bernal sphere is a type of space habitat intended as a long-term home for permanent residents, first proposed in 1929 by Dr. John Desmond Bernal.

Dr. Bernal's original proposal described a hollow spherical shell 16 km in diameter, with a target population of 20,000 to 30,000 people. The Bernal sphere would be filled with air.

In a series of studies held at Stanford University in 1975 and 1976 with the purpose of speculating on designs for future space colonies, Dr. Gerard Kitchen O'Neill proposed a modified Bernal sphere with a diameter of only 500 m rotating at 1.9 RPM to produce a full Earth gravity at the sphere's equator. The result would be an interior landscape that would resemble a large valley running all the way around the equator of the sphere. Sunlight was to be provided to the interior of the sphere using external mirrors to direct it in through large windows near the poles. The form of a sphere was chosen for its optimum ability to contain air pressure and its optimum mass-efficiency at providing radiation shielding.

This version of the Bernal sphere was dubbed the "Island One" design, and was sized for a population of 10,000. For comparison, Island Two would house 140,000, and Island Three (O'Neill cylinder) would support a population of 10,000,000. "

http://encyclopedie-en.snyke.com/articles/bernal_sphere.html

Pictures of a Bernal sphere

Pictures of John Desmond Bernal , which looks ALOT like Desmond that was living below the hatch

Last edited by a moderator:
epicstruggle said:
going to link the other thread here. :)

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24082

Ok, just finished watching this weeks episode. Not as good as the last episode, but it was still great. The teasers are incredible. I cant wait for next week's episode now. lol.

Is it me, or is there an over abundence of hot chicks in the show? hehe.

epic

I'm gay so i'm not an expert, but i thought that for you guys there's never an "over abundance" of hot chicks......... :LOL:
I for one don't think you can never have enough hot men like Jack or Sawyer.

you take the worths out of my mouth ...seriously...abundence ?

(except for the hot men off course :p )

I always believed they are on a moon base in asort of virtual earth .

Remember the movie Truman show?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120382/

I believe they are all part of a twisted experiment.
the point will be they start breeding at one moment to start off the collony on the moon

I still think they're in some kind of purgatory or such. Or how do you explain their fears/dreams/past coming true and such? Moon base etc. seems unprobable IMHO.

thats because of the eeh, stuff they put in the oxygin . they are all part of a study

yeah its far stretched i know ;)

You gotta love the teaser at the end.

Last week's teaser of Jin saying "Everything's going to change" ended up being a freakin' dream sequence!

Next week's teaser will be something to the effect of "NEXT WEEK ON LOST.. SOMEBODY WILL DIE *shows Jack or Locke getting killed* AND SOMEBODY WILL BE LEAVING THE ISLAND FOREVER *shows Kate floating on driftwood* A MUST-SEE LOST!" ......

And then it'll end up being a bad dream Hurley had about Jack getting killed, and Kate was just going for a friendly swim.

About the women of Lost: There is certainly something for everybody.. even London-Boy! If I had to pick my favorite gal, though.. definitely Evangeline Lilly.

carpediem said:
Found some interesting stuff on the lost-forum.com

Possible spoilers about the future of Lost
source (need to register to view)

Problem is this would require a habitat of extraordinary size to make it work. We see regularly shots of the sky, ocean and the like with no visible curving or overhead landscape. Any O'Neil style habitat will have very obvious visual clues that it is such a place. Not to mention 'gravity' would be quickly noticed to be wonky too with added curvature against the spin direction being seen.

I simply don't buy the habitat theory unless they are going to invoke seriously advanced technology including some form of artifical gravity generation.

banksie said:
Problem is this would require a habitat of extraordinary size to make it work. We see regularly shots of the sky, ocean and the like with no visible curving or overhead landscape. Any O'Neil style habitat will have very obvious visual clues that it is such a place. Not to mention 'gravity' would be quickly noticed to be wonky too with added curvature against the spin direction being seen.

I simply don't buy the habitat theory unless they are going to invoke seriously advanced technology including some form of artifical gravity generation.

The theory specifies that artificial gravity is used on the islands. The strong magnetism on the lost island indicates that too. Perhaps they need to punch in the numbers in order to keep the gravity going or something... I dunno.

It would make more sense if the plane was returning back with several teams of female/male beach volleyball teams. /grin

epic

The Dark City/Blade Runner-esqe theory is the only viable one. The show's writers have already staunchly said that no magic nor spirtual/supernatural aspects are involved.

1) How can some characters dream about events they couldn't possible know about, AND the memories of other characters?

2) Why does Claire's memory get erased?

3) Why does the "monster" appear to resemble a nano-technological cloud?

4) Why does ABC's official websites, like thehansofoundation.org talk about stuff like "Juxtapositional Eugenics Development Institute" Why does https://thehansofoundation.org point to bigspaceship1.com?

5) How can you possibly explain the occurance of "the numbers" everywhere? Plus all the show's strange coincidences between the characters?

Solution:

The Lost characters were never in a plane crash. In fact, they've never had lifes outside the island. THEY WERE BRED AND BORN on the island. Their memories of their lives outside the island are implants ala Dark City / Blade Runner.

1) Claire's memory has been manipulated. This supports the theory.
2) The reason why all the coincidences in flashbacks exist, plus the numbers, is because they were implanted memories
3) The "Monster" is like the device in the Truman Show (fear of water), designed ot keep the Lost from finding out the secrets of the island. Some characters may even be implanted with desires and fears that act to keep them on the island (Walt burning the raft, Locke destroying Sayid's triangulation, etc)
4) Nanotech doesn't exist today. The characters are not living on 21st century earth. They are living in a different future time period, or, on a giant ship. The monster cannot exist with today's technology.

It's all one big experiment. The references to BF Skinner. Locke's constant insistence "We are being tested". It all points out the inescapable conclusion that the characters are in an experimental setup, and I don't think the experimenters went through the trouble of finding 48 people with personal history connections, got them all on a single flight, and caused it to crash into their island, miraclously preserving those people.

No, the only logical conclusion is that the crash itself never happened.

Back