Looking for a notebook A64 and 9700 mobile.

I don't know nothing about notebooks, but I bought Blue from Cyberpower and they did right by me. :)

(BTW-The bios password for all Cyberpower computers is "CP", they put it there to keep newbs from screwing it up...thought I'd save you the one call I made to their tech support. ;) )

The one you are linking to is really an Uniwill 258KA0. It's sold under a lot of different minor OEM brands. There's a Fujitsu-Siemens model based on it as well (maybe not in the US). If you are in the market for a DTR notebook there are quite a few models available. The Asus Z81K looks nice, for example. However: If you want an A64 model with something resembling real mobility, and is not interrested in waiting a couple of moths to se how the whole Turion-situation pans out with the manufacturers, there's (IMO) only one choice: The Acer Ferrari 3400. You'll find lots of information on all three of these over at notebookforums.

How do A64 chips fare against Pentium M's in performance and battery life?

What is Blue from Cyberpowersystem.com?

They are competitive, if not slightly faster, at the same clock compared to a 400Mhz bus DDR1 Dothan setup. However, only the 1.6GHz (3000+) and 1.8GHz (3200+) 35W Low Voltage models are anywhere close to competitive when it comes to battery life. These are quite rare and I think the only widely available model using them are the Ferrari-series mentioned above which leads me to believe they are beeing 'cherry-picked'. The regular Mobile A64 (64W) and the DTR Mobile A64 (82W) are agressively priced, and obviously good performers, but with less than 2 hours on battery they seem to be offered mostly as bulkier DTR-notebooks.

'Blue' is just Digi naming his computers.

Back