Looking for a game to play with my girlfriend

PARANOiA

Veteran
OK, the time has come. I have to convince her that games aren't always intense 30 hours slogs aimed at teenage boys.

I can't really think of any great party games for any system I have/can emu (I only have an Xbox and a good PC). She "loves" Sonic 1, since it's 2D and has quick and rewarding levels.

Any we can play together? Take reasonable sized turns?

PARANOiA said:
OK, the time has come. I have to convince her that games aren't always intense 30 hours slogs aimed at teenage boys.
What a leading subject....

With a lot of restraint, may I suggest "Mr Driller"? My wife and I wasted many hours on this on the DC but I believe it is also available for PC.

Honestly, try to get a GC (they're dirt cheap these days) or a PS2 if you want to play good party games ( Mario party, Mario Tennis, Eyetoy...).

If you don't want to spend too much on this, then try to grab Kung Fu Chaos for Xbox, it's a cool fighting game, that works wonder as a party game.

The game I've heard most people say they share with girlfriends/wives/family is BG: Dark alliance (not GC version that is apparently very poor) and Champions of Norrath.

my girlfriend quite enjoyed playing Rayman Revolution on PS2. One of the games that is quite simple, yet fairly easy and progresses well. Tryed the Jak games (Jak and Daxter is also quite a good game she thought)... the Ratched & Clank games are a bit too difficult for her (so are Jak 2 and Jak 3)...

Viva Pinata!

Maybe try something like Fahreinheit(indigo prophecy), it's more a movie than a game, although the story falls apart at the end, the cinematic experience is very riveting. Could work if she likes that sort of thriller.

1. Donkey Konga (such a blast 2-player, she'll love it)
2. Mario Kart
3. Super Monkey Ball
4. Animal Crossing

Looks like you'll need a Gamecube heh. Also, some girls love DDR. My girlfriend and I played over 3 hours straight of DDR the day I got DDR MAX 2. I'm guessing by your name that you already know if she'd be willing to DDR with you.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife absolutely loves Mario Kart DD and Super Monkey Balls 2 for the GCN. Easy to pick up games, quick matches, and while have a low entry level they reward skill progress. Mario Party and Mario Tennis are also very good. I have not played Donkey Konga.

I hate suggesting all the games on a platform you don't have, but the GCN really does have a lot of fun party/mp games that appeal to more than sex driven blood thristy teens.

any resident evil games. out of all the games in the world ive seen more women play this game and get hooked. my last two girlfriends got hooked on these games and have beaten them, my cosin's girlfriend got hooked after playing it. my current girlfriend got hooked on RE4 and beat it and ive talked to a few girls that played this game and got hooked into it. hell ive have yet to beat any resident evil game becuase they take it from me and play it, then i already know whats going to happen so i end up not playing it.

Does your gf like music? My girlfriend is getting into DDR, thinking about picking up a pad and game.

Guitar Hero is another good one.

PARANOiA said:

I can't really think of any great party games for any system I have/can emu (I only have an Xbox and a good PC). She "loves" Sonic 1, since it's 2D and has quick and rewarding levels.

Any we can play together? Take reasonable sized turns?

Dance ,Dance series ,Karaoke games ...too bad you don't have a PS2 since you would also have they Eyetoy games.... Guitar series. Singstar makes good for couples.

I have Eyetoy Play , Karaoke 2 , Dance- Dance 2 and they all make good party games on PS2. I think that Xbox has the Dance Dance and Karaoke games also.

Back