Look What I Did @ Wiki! (Diamond)

Heh I hope I didn't delete your addition. I was trying to figure out how to embed a scan image and it was lots and back and forward for me.

I've got a TON of Diamond cards at home. Going to scan a few and put them up. This wiki thing is a fun waste of time!

Cool, brings back memories. You have entirely too much time on your hands swaaye... You forget the Diamond Viper 770 Ultra and a few (read lots) of the more recent ATI based cards.

Umm, you're missing a whole section about SONICBlue. (Which was what was left when S3 graphics was sold to Via)

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S3_Graphics

And, of course, most of those people now work for Sigmatel. (Well, not quite, the original Diamond Multimedia people were in California. Most of them were lost over the years. Sigmatel now employs the who was left at the Cambridge design center, who came from empeg.)

swaaye said:
Heh I hope I didn't delete your addition. I was trying to figure out how to embed a scan image and it was lots and back and forward for me.

I've got a TON of Diamond cards at home. Going to scan a few and put them up. This wiki thing is a fun waste of time!
I just added a few words like kickass and go 3dfx:LOL:

ben6 said:
Cool, brings back memories. You have entirely too much time on your hands swaaye... You forget the Diamond Viper 770 Ultra and a few (read lots) of the more recent ATI based cards.
I whipped this up in a few hours so yah it's definitely incomplete. I'm not gonna run around and try to figure out every last card they've made....they've made WAY too many! :) I got most of those lists from a FAQ site (I linked to it, look at the External Links section).

Please feel free to add cards if you'd like though. That's how this goofy wiki stuff works!

Eh, I'd love to. But there'd be too much time consuming to even start. One of my friends was lead QA of Diamond MM video and another couple of friends were at the FireGL division. Ask me for the story of how many Monster3d IIs my friend had in his garage one day lol

Ben

Back