Little secret: I HATE OFF-ROADING!!!

Digi if your buying jeeps you may as well use them. Otherwise why buy an off road vehicle? Having to do all the work to fix them when you don't enjoy the breaking part is kind of a bummer though...
I'm not disagreeing with you, just wanted to specify that it is most definitely my wife buying the Jeeps. It's not a joint decision.

13.8 billion years
Cheers for the correction

orangepelupa yes thats a shame about indonesia, so much rubbish everywhere, here in spain its prolly the worst in europe. I swear with any town for kms around the land is treated as a industrial waste dump

I can't perfectly do with bicycle because it's risky for me, But never deny with the jeep. it's safe to drive off-road.

I can't perfectly do with bicycle because it's risky for me, But never deny with the jeep. it's safe to drive off-road.
At first my mother wouldn't let me get a motorcycle because she thought I'd kill myself, then my wife wouldn't and won't because she KNOWS I'll kill myself. :LOL:

Only time I ever rode one was a little mid-70s Honda 100 back in 1985. I was tripping on LSD and drinking heavily, and it was raining. I hydroplaned doing around 90 and turned sideways and just rode it out and straightened it then gave her back to her owner.

You don't get that lucky twice, I used up all my motorcycle mojo and know better than to push my luck. But I can dream of a little dirt bike at least. :)

I was tripping on LSD
Sing along everybody....

I recall the vibes of woodstock 69
I get so many acid flashbacks I'm there most of the time
They drew up in their armoured cars, we held hands and chanted "OMMM"
We got out our guitars and sang to them this song.
Violence is never an answer, hey squarehead dont ignore us
but he broke my arms and my legs before I got to the chorus
Chicks and guys west and east what we need is love and peace
Then we marched on Grosvenor Square, now I own 2 houses there

We had our fingers on the pulses all we ate was kidney beans
There was a wind of change a blowin out the bottom of my faded jeans
I went to India to see my guru all i got was dysentery
I wanted to get my shit together but it just poured out of me.
Deadheads turned to breadheads swapped the chick peas for petit pois
then we talked Chez Guevara now we talk Chez Moi
We were the middle class of 69 we were worried about the Czechs
not the ones over running Prague but the ones daddy might forget
Chicks and guys west and east what we need is love and peace
Kaftans beads and trenchcoats 69 brings a lump to my throat.

And of course the most famous acid song
White Rabbit - Jefferson Airplane

Last edited:
"And there ain't no road just like it
Anywhere I found
Running south on Lake Shore Drive heading into town
Just slippin' on by on LSD, Friday night trouble bound"

Today I fixed the recirculation button and pulled the blower motor, new one is coming tomorrow.

The wife noticed the heat wasn't working after our last trip to the Badlands..... <sigh>

It wouldn't be bad, except you have to be upside down in a place where there's no real good ways to fit in there like that. :/

It's hard to do but at least with cars you can goes hands on and fix it yourself.

My (yet another) cat is sick and I can't fix it. Brought it to a vet and was given vitamins and steroids. The vet says she didn't know what's wrong with the cat without full blood check.

My lil bro says to not give the steroid medicine from the vet, the vitamins are OK. As steroid are for inflammations, while the cat is probably sick due to viruses and to just keep chugging it with food regularly.

I'm so damn confused.

Whoops! Derailed a thread again!

New part came and I just installed it, made everything all better and the Jeep has warms again.

I love it when it's actually what you think it is and the fix you think will work does, it so seldom happens that way with the Jeep. :love:

Today was more stainless steel zip ties around an exhaust connection that has one broken bolt and one loose one, both rusted into a solid piece with the bracket that attaches them.

I'm gonna let the dealer replace both bolts for me when she takes her in for the next oil change. It's an easy, cheap job if you have a lift and the right tools but it's damn near impossible for me.

Next up was/is the rear brakes. Had to fight the lugnuts like hell to get 'em off, then I had the extra fun of taking off the hub extenders that have locktight on them. I managed to get the wheels off and break all the bolts free on the hub extenders, gonna leave the actual brakes for tomorrow as I'm hoping to also repaint her suspension from rust to red.

That and I'm tired, haven't been this active in a while but it felt good. Also YES, something does seem to always be breaking or needing done to the bloody Jeep. Seems that way to me too, way too much, but it's my wife's baby and if I'm able to do it I guess I'm willing as well. <sigh>

Just putting the SS zipties on was a chore. Every inch of her exhaust lines are covered with rust, so I was laying underneath it looking up as flakes kept falling off on me. V annoying.

Note to self:

18mm wrench for brake caliper bracket
19mm lugnuts for wheels
15mm socket and wrench for caliper bolts
brake fluid
anti-seize
silicon lube
locktite red

Also remember to adjust the parking brake!

I don't think you're supposed to use an electric jackhammer on a rusted rotor, but I'm starting to get really frustrated and I am getting tempted. I'm even looking at the actual tool to do it properly, a hydraulic gear puller with a 13" grip. :|

O.M.G. I just got the rotor off. :|

I didn't do anything to it yesterday, temps dropped from around 45f to 20f. Today it's 45f and tomorrow should be around 68f. The seasons didn't used to behave this way, climate change is f-ing real and I've been watching it happen all my life.

I did soak both rotors liberally with penetrating oil day before yesterday, and yesterday, and today I got some super strength penetrant that I sprayed on then whacked it with my new hammer for only about 20 minutes before it popped off! :D

I just sanded down her old strut that used to be red but turned rust, gonna throw some red on it again before I put the new brake bits on. It'll make my wife smile and it's just a bit of sanding, spray it with brake cleaner, then tape it off and paint it real quick.

So damned glad the rotor finally came off, I was starting to get annoyed.

Spit! I was stuck on the one rotor for days, once I got it off it all fell together. The whole thing is done and I just got back from a successful test drive!

I do have to adjust the parking brake tomorrow, but I don't even have to pull the wheels to do that and I thought it was a busted lever mechanism. Just adjusting 'em is easy-peasy!

VICTORY IS MINE!!!

Back