List of Actual Gameplay and Playable Demo's ONLY

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobertR1

Pro
Legend
I'm not a sucker for tech demos, CGI movies and Slideshows mainly becuase the end products don't come out anything like that.

I'm hoping we can use this thread for actual gameplay/playable demo's list of games for both consoles and decide for ourselves which games are appealing. If you're a fan of the smoke and mirrors show, more power to you!

What's obvious is that some PlayStation 3 titles will look superb, but there was very little real evidence of this on show at the Sony conference. While this year's show was nothing like last year's CGI fest, the best looking titles were clearly just video. Eight Days, a new game from Sony itself, even attempted to show pseudo gameplay footage intermixed with obvious CGI. While I'd love to believe it to be true, based on what else was shown, I've got more chance of losing a fight to a CG duck..........

The real demos of games like Resistance: Fall of Man, Genji 2, Formula 1, Warhawk and most the rest all looked nice, but that's about all you can say about them at this point. There's a good few months of development time left before they hit retail, but are any of them system sellers? It didn't seem like it. The only game demo that really looked impressive was Ninja Theory's Heavenly Sword, but this didn't feature the huge enemy counts and sprawling environments that had been mentioned in the lead up to this year's show. Metal Gear Solid 4 looked stunning as expected, but it was still only a trailer made up mostly of cutscene footage, and is a game that isn't expected this year...........

http://www.pro-g.co.uk/news/09-05-2006-2758.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back