Life Change (Pt 2)

London Geezer

Legend
Supporter
You will laugh...

Hello everyone,

Well the life change thing seems to be happening faster than expected. Sent the contract to the agency last week, so i was just ready to do the first test shoots and just get ready to enter the modelling world...
Instead, a couple of days later my agent calls, very surprised, to tell me that a woman from a big casting agency was there earlier and saw my pics and loved them (apparently went something like "oh my god who's this? i want him!")... So she wanted me to go to a casting yesterday for a commercial.
The commercial would be for swimwear and if i get it i'd get £4500 and get to go to Israel (with all places?!) for 3 days.

Well, i went to the casting. Wait around for 2 hours, bored to the bone i get called in.

Basically i had to stand in front of the camera in swimming trunks, trying to look cool, when the woman goes "You need to say 2 lines for me now..." so i think, ok not bad i can do lines....

The 2 lines were "I sleep with a different woman every night" and something like "bad girls are nice!"..... I burst out laughing when she says that, and pretty much don't stop till the end so i'm not sure it looked too convincing. I mean... really, of all things i could have said, THAT was the one i could say the least convincingly!

From the other people there, it seems they were more looking for californian-ish dude looking kind of guys, which, well, i'm not. So i'm sure i didn't get it. No big deal, i was quite shocked to be called so soon actually.

Next one...

Last edited by a moderator:
oh yes....i did laugh... :LOL:
well, its a good sign you got called so early. knowing some models i know how many castings and auditions they go to get even shitty jobs... so i guess you will prolly do OK.

london-boy said:
The 2 lines were "I sleep with a different woman every night"
Oh my... There IS a god! And he DOES have a sense of humor! :LOL:

Anyway, best of luck, hehe.

Not sure if a guy wearing just swimming trunks would neccessarily be able to bed a new woman every night... I'd more expect him to get dragged off to the loony bin. :)

Guden Oden said:
Oh my... There IS a god! And he DOES have a sense of humor!:LOL:

hehehe i almost thought it was a hidden camera show of some kind... u know... something like "let's see how convincing this gay guy can get HA HA!!"

But yeah, 4 and a half grand for 3 days work would be well fine... Hell it would be fantastic.

Didn't get it though, quite sure of it, i mean an Israeli company wouldn't come to London to find Latin looking guys like me, they go to London to find american surfers types, and can't afford to go all the way to the US to find them!! :LOL:

John Reynolds said:
I sometimes cannot believe the stuff people are willing to discuss online.

Honestly... :rolleyes:

;) From me going to my first casting ever to... shaving balls...? I mean that's some derailment...

london-boy said:
From me going to my first casting ever to... shaving balls...? I mean that's some derailment...
And in under 10 posts too, that might be a new personal best for me.
icon_cool.gif

On a serious note, congrats on the try-out and the bit about the lines slayed me. I wouldn't worry too much about this first one, I think it's a very promising sign and think you'll be getting a lot of calls soon for shoots. :)

Besides, it's like job interviewing....the more you do the better you get at 'em. Just keep at it.

digitalwanderer said:
And in under 10 posts too, that might be a new personal best for me.
icon_cool.gif

On a serious note, congrats on the try-out and the bit about the lines slayed me. I wouldn't worry too much about this first one, I think it's a very promising sign and think you'll be getting a lot of calls soon for shoots. :)

Besides, it's like job interviewing....the more you do the better you get at 'em. Just keep at it.

Thanks uncle!

I'll have to start thinking in terms of "expect anything and be Cool(TM) whatever happens". Kinda hard though as i'm the kind of guy who takes life as a big joke (as you guys might have noticed), but i'll get there eventually.

london-boy said:
I'll have to start thinking in terms of "expect anything and act Cool(TM) whatever happens". Kinda hard though as i'm the kind of guy who takes life as a big joke (as you guys might have noticed), but i'll get there eventually.
I corrected it for you, life is a big joke and you shouldn't stop enjoying it....but keep the laughing inside and be aware of how you present yourself and play it the way they expect you to play it.

That's the "acting" bit of it. Don't stop being you, nothing is worth that!!! ;)

digitalwanderer said:
I corrected it for you, life is a big joke and you shouldn't stop enjoying it....but keep the laughing inside and be aware of how you present yourself and play it the way they expect you to play it.

That's the "acting" bit of it. Don't stop being you, nothing is worth that!!! ;)

Problem is that i wouldn't want the acted personality to take over my real personality eventually. The fictious personality i put up during modelling is something i really don't want to keep 24 hours, though the confidence boost is helpful.
I know too many models who just care about very stupid things in life and i'm not like that and the last thing i want is to become like that.

Back