Latest PS3 rumors...surprises ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fouad

Banned
The PS3 will launch in USA and Japan in JUIN 2006 ( just after the E3 2006 ) and in europe in September 2006. Because sony is not ready for a march 2006 launch.

The RSX of PS3 will run at 600 MHZ, synchronised with the GDDR3 memory running also at 600 MHZ but at 256 bit.

The CELL will run at 3.4 GHZ, synchronised with the Rambus ram at 3.4 GHZ.

Fight Night will be a launch game for PS3 in juin 2006, with a new Tekken.

Motor storm will launch in fall 2006.

first playable PS3s for the public will be shown at E3 2006, allowing gamers playing demos of fight night and tekken.

Tunisia I expect. Following the financial succes of service-based economies, Tunisia has invested heavily in milling technologies. The combined mills of Tunisia now make up over 80% of the world's capacity to create rumours and Tunisian rumours are exported all across the world. The lack of investment in Canadian Rumour Mills over the past 3 decades has seen them drop off the radar. Mainland Europe still contributes over 10% of the world's rumour capacity but this capabilitiy is spread over a large number of uncorrelated rumour mills, meaning often the same or similar rumours can originate at the same time from separate mills, and thse rumours are mostly confined to the home market.

Where you got this rumors from? I do expect Sony to have some surprises up their sleeves. But I simply don't know what it could be and won't speculate and will wait for official announcement. As for the launch? Is it just me, but right now, I feel like a could actually patiently wait for it?

.Z

Those kind of rumours are the 'best' ones, cause it's not that kind of "RSX is a 64 unified pipeplines 1.0 Ghz core clock with 32 meg edram part" rumour :)

Well, but they make you froth quite a bit...

GPU wise you are getting about 1.7x more memory bandwidth using 600 MHz memory with a 256 bits data-path compared to the 128 bits at 700 MHz solution.

I'd welcome all the additional bandwidth they can deliver. If it ships this late, they migth as well fine-tune it toallow as much performance differentiation as they can afford without increasing the manufacturing costs too much.

Shading power wise this would mean a 50 MHz jump ahead and a 100 MHz difference compared to Xenos which runs at 500 MHz.

More bandwidth and more shading power won't be something that PLAYSTATION 3 developers should hate :).

Will they increase CELL's clock-speed and XDR emmory bandwidth too ? Well, I would hope they deliver such an upgrade together with the GPU specs' upgrade (a 200 MHz speed-boost for each would not be something to laugh at), but I would rather see the speed-boost "mentioned in these rumours" regarding the GPU specs if I had to choose between the two kind of specs upgrades right now.

What would you like bestif you could only choose one of them nAo ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps this is a little off-topic but I believe that it could be a good guide for the people.

Is 2+6 the pipeline configuration of the Fragment Processor ALU in the G70?

Thanks.

Shifty Geezer said:
Tunisia I expect. Following the financial succes of service-based economies, Tunisia has invested heavily in milling technologies. The combined mills of Tunisia now make up over 80% of the world's capacity to create rumours and Tunisian rumours are exported all across the world. The lack of investment in Canadian Rumour Mills over the past 3 decades has seen them drop off the radar. Mainland Europe still contributes over 10% of the world's rumour capacity but this capabilitiy is spread over a large number of uncorrelated rumour mills, meaning often the same or similar rumours can originate at the same time from separate mills, and thse rumours are mostly confined to the home market.

Isn't Tunisia in Europe anyway? You could be done for slander too as you did not check your facts. It is Italy, not Tunisia. Everyone knows that.

Tahir2 said:
Isn't Tunisia in Europe anyway? You could be done for slander too as you did not check your facts. It is Italy, not Tunisia. Everyone knows that.

Tunisia is in Northern Africa, on the Mediterranian coast between Libya and Algeria.

People really don't seem to get sarcasm anymore these days....either that or they've just very good at being transparently sarcastic in return!

The suggestion of just 2 launch games kinda pushes these rumours out of the realm of plausibility. Otherwise, they're well crafted ;)

Pushing for a simultanous Japanese/US launch in the Summer actually wouldn't be a bad idea at all. I don't know how likely that is though.

Neeyik said:
People really don't seem to get sarcasm anymore these days....either that or they've just very good at being transparently sarcastic in return!

I have taken to assuming that everyone in the whole world is a moron. It's not true, but it makes the internet hurt my head less.

Whats with threads being created with no sources just baseless claims? If this is true though, me likey...

A new Tekken is the only part of that I believe.

There is no reason for Sony to increase specs. It would cost them more money and wouldn't produce any better sales, and no company goes out and spends money without expecting some sort of return on it.

Powderkeg said:
A new Tekken is the only part of that I believe.

There is no reason for Sony to increase specs. It would cost them more money and wouldn't produce any better sales, and no company goes out and spends money without expecting some sort of return on it.

That's not true imo.
Sony's marketing strategy next year will be totally focused on convincing people that next generation starts with PS3 and Xbox360 is already an obsolete product (no HD movies,no 1080P,worse graphics).Upgrading specs will make things easier for them.

Powderkeg said:
Save that they increased specs on PS2 to no advantage. Already had this debate elsewhere. Not every product made is the cheapest possible with the minimum featureset to do the job. XB could have had a good few less costly components and still beaten the opponents on power, so why'd MS kit it out with more than just the bare minimum? The reason for Sony to increase specs is to get better performance, which if they feel is worth the extra costs in their long-term marketting strategy and goals, they'll go with. If they can get more bang-per-buck with an upgrade it makes economic sense. eg. They could go with a 1:6 Cell configuration and get better yields, but the performance:dollar ratio wouldn't be as good.

I also think it unfair to say great specs wouldn't result in greater sales. There are certainly some people who'll buy the highest spec machine, so making sure PS3 is higher spec'd than XB360 will attract them. Then there's general public perception. We've already covered opinions that XB360 and PS3 will be fairly evenly matched. If the public believe this they might go with the cheaper solution, so Sony really want everyone to believe PS3 is the better machine if they're to charge more. And there's getting people to part with their cash when they get the point of considering value for money later in the console's lifecycle, and increasing the specs can only help this.

If I were Sony and it would only cost $2 more to make the improvements I would. If it'd cost $50 more I wouldn't. Without any knowledge of the costs such upgrades (including forecasted cost reductions) would incur I wouldn't either accept these rumours as likely or impossible based on pricepoints alone.

Shinjisan said:
That's not true imo.
Sony's marketing strategy next year will be totally focused on convincing people that next generation starts with PS3 and Xbox360 is already an obsolete product (no HD movies,no 1080P,worse graphics).Upgrading specs will make things easier for them.

isn't that what microsoft tried to do last time, but they got outsold because they didn't have a lot of games people liked

not saying thats going to happen, but sony proved this gen that you could come out on top with weaker hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back