Latest "how is weather at your place" thread

We are closing in on 40C... again...
Hopefully we won't reach 43-44 again in Athens. I hate the heat.

i was in Bodrum (Turkey) for 2 weeks, clocked around 40 and few days up to 43c.

but i'm back in Belgium now where isnt just summer ... hate it . rain , wind , rain , wind.cloudy,wind. 17-18°c

Lookit ma', another pic-ter!

photos223482kb3.jpg

It's getting pretty bad right now, our driveway has turned into a 4wd track and we've got the council on our ass because recent work we did on our property has resulted in massive amounts of silt running down into the council-controlled creek near our house. Ugh, I love rain but come on, give me a break :eek:

*edit* And it's cold. Damn cold (I love the cold but the silly women who work around here just walk around bitching and moaning and whinging about the temperature.)

*double-edit* I think everyone should add pictures of the weather at their locale! Adds a little something to the mental image of how things are :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i was in Bodrum (Turkey) for 2 weeks, clocked around 40 and few days up to 43c.

but i'm back in Belgium now where isnt just summer ... hate it . rain , wind , rain , wind.cloudy,wind. 17-18°c

Right now, rain in Greece would make me believe in miracles...
Half the country is burning and I mean that literally. At least 50 people are dead...
The situation is really f*cked up.
We have at least 40 areas accross Greece that are on fire and each fire spreads several (up to ten) killometes. And by the looks of it, most of the fires are the result of arson.

Right now, rain in Greece would make me believe in miracles...
Half the country is burning and I mean that literally. At least 50 people are dead...
The situation is really f*cked up.
We have at least 40 areas accross Greece that are on fire and each fire spreads several (up to ten) killometes. And by the looks of it, most of the fires are the result of arson.

Just wanted to say that I was watching the news reports on TV before coming in this morning, and gosh does that look terrible. On an upbeat note, it looks like my country is attempting to offer support! :smile:

How long have these fires been going on for now?

Most of the fires started on Friday... Most of them at the same time and many kilometres away from one another in multiple spots within the same area... The weather isn't helping either cause of the strong winds.
We had fires raging since June but the current ones all came at the same time...
6000 fires and 70 people dead. This is the worst we ever had...

All help is welcome... We weren't prepared for something like that. By the looks of things, most fires are attributed to arson.

It's in the 70's here and summer has unofficially started and will last through October. :D

The fog is gone and should stay away and clear blue skies with no rain for the next 2 and a half months.

Back