Latest "how is weather at your place" thread

Well, here its somewhat cloudy, Weather is being reported as being 35 degrees celsius (95F). Humidity is around 50%. We're all being sweat pots here, draining litres of water. I assure you, perfumes are in high demand this season.

Night temperature expected to be around 27C (81F). Add that to the polluted environment in the city and you'll know I live in a shit pot.

Temps warm enough to go on a bike ride wihtout a jacket. But you wouldn't want to dress in short pants.

Unless you'r ea masochist perhaops.

Clear skies at least so it might get warmer tomorrow maybe.
Peace.

Extremely pleasant here. 19-20C. Light breeze. Bright sun. Blue skies. Second best weather evah (second only to bright sun, blue skies, 0C).

Amazing! Its currently around 23C (74F) with humidity at 42% and a very slight breeze. Clear skies, rained yesterday so everything has a very fresh smell. Grilling this evening at parents and playing horseshoes, very nice.

8C and cloudy right now. But tomorrow's supposed to be nice with ~20 and similarly the rest of the week. Guess I'll be rollerblading tomorrow. :)

Who are "they"? Any prediction beyond 2 weeks forward you may just as well toss a coin, even if you have accurate data from every spot on earth at a grid with 0.1m between nodes. The butterfly effect and all makes the coin toss about as accurate at that point. So when people try to make these kinds of predictions I call BS on it.

Who are "they"? Any prediction beyond 2 weeks forward you may just as well toss a coin, even if you have accurate data from every spot on earth at a grid with 0.1m between nodes. The butterfly effect and all makes the coin toss about as accurate at that point. So when people try to make these kinds of predictions I call BS on it.

I overheard a conversation.......... Today the weather is beautiful and my Kona Dew is calling me. :)

Any prediction beyond 2 weeks forward you may just as well toss a coin
I suppose 100+ years of statistics could tell you a thing or two that might yield a bit better results than a coin toss but now there's all this talk about global warming etc so who the hell knows really..
Peace.

Dull-sunny (ie; not oh-god-my-eyes! sunny, just...dull) and moderately cool. Not sure of the temp but I slept until 1pm with 2 thick blankets on and still could've been warmer and just as happy :smile:

Personally I hate the sun and everything it provides, I was born in near-freezing temperatures down south and as a result I have a tendancy to crave extreme cold. Rainy, freezing days are my favourites...it's easier and more satifying being cold and trying to stay warm then being hot and trying to cool down. Sunshine sucks because you get sweaty and sticky, you get headaches, it hurts your eyes, and you can't stay still for too long without lots of air conditioning because you start to feel really uncomfortable.

I need a job in the Antarctic. Seriously. If you know of something, tell me! :p

I suppose 100+ years of statistics could tell you a thing or two that might yield a bit better results than a coin toss but now there's all this talk about global warming etc so who the hell knows really..
Peace.

Well, then you're talking about long-term trends, which is a different thing. It's easy to predict that 8 months from now it'll be colder than it is today and be pretty much 100% sure, because there's a periodicity of the seasons, while it's impossible to know with much more accuracy than a coin toss whether it'll be warmer on May 15 than it is today. So while it's easy to predict that there will be summer in June to August, no one can predict with any level of certainty what kind of weather we'll be getting.

Dull-sunny (ie; not oh-god-my-eyes! sunny, just...dull) and moderately cool. Not sure of the temp but I slept until 1pm with 2 thick blankets on and still could've been warmer and just as happy :smile:

Personally I hate the sun and everything it provides, I was born in near-freezing temperatures down south and as a result I have a tendancy to crave extreme cold. Rainy, freezing days are my favourites...it's easier and more satifying being cold and trying to stay warm then being hot and trying to cool down. Sunshine sucks because you get sweaty and sticky, you get headaches, it hurts your eyes, and you can't stay still for too long without lots of air conditioning because you start to feel really uncomfortable.

I need a job in the Antarctic. Seriously. If you know of something, tell me! :p

I asked a medical student about living in Antartica and he said that all your sweat and urine will start freezing the moment it comes out of your body. You could build many sculptures this way using your urine. But its not at all convenient.

For me, I'd like to live in an area with maximum 27 degrees Celsius during daytime and some 12-15 degrees at night. :D

I asked a medical student about living in Antartica and he said that all your sweat and urine will start freezing the moment it comes out of your body. You could build many sculptures this way using your urine. But its not at all convenient.

For me, I'd like to live in an area with maximum 27 degrees Celsius during daytime and some 12-15 degrees at night. :D

A cousin of mine worked for 2 years in Antartica. In summer, it got so warm it would actually snow**. In fact, they'd all strip down to shorts and play sport outside (at 0 degrees).

In winter, however, they would sleep in what would look like double-deck bed, but without the lower bunk, because there was something like a 20 degree temperature difference between the air at the floor and ceiling levels of their huts!

S

PS: As for the weather here (Herts. UK), it's been incredible for the time of the year. This probably means there will be a terrible lack of water in Summer.:(

** In winter, it is too cold to snow. All you get is the wind blowing the surface ice around.

Warm and Smokey....

90F (32C) and smoke from a 82,000 acre forest fire 60 miles north.

My car is covered in ashes, great for my sinuses!

Horrible, aweful, pathetic.....

This june has been aweful till now, all days have been 40°C+. That along with 50% humity has been killing. Yesterday was 45°C ...it really sucks! :devilish:

Horrible, aweful, pathetic.....

This june has been aweful till now, all days have been 40°C+. That along with 50% humity has been killing. Yesterday was 45°C ...it really sucks! :devilish:

I can remember the last time it was 45C here. That would be never.

Back