Latest "how is weather at your place" thread

Yesterday, there were a few terrible storms, but they've disappeared. Now it's just hot :(

Good weather for riding my bike, though!

Austin has been unseasonably rainy, hot and humid.

Good for my garden and for the local lakes, but not so good for eating outdoors.

HK has pretty great weather all year, but this is definitely the weak point -- lots of rain and HOT HOT HUMID HOT all through the early summer, especially. i believe at last check it was 25 C and cloudy (~80 F). Thing is, here in Kowloon it feels several degrees hotter at all times due to pollution and poor breeze. On one of the tiny residential islands right now it feels... roughly like Hawaii. ;)

HK has pretty great weather all year, but this is definitely the weak point -- lots of rain and HOT HOT HUMID HOT all through the early summer, especially. i believe at last check it was 25 C and cloudy (~80 F). Thing is, here in Kowloon it feels several degrees hotter at all times due to pollution and poor breeze. On one of the tiny residential islands right now it feels... roughly like Hawaii. ;)

That's downright pleasant. The last time I was in Hong Kong (Shatin) it was last July/August and it was 90F and 100% humidity, at 8am in the morning. BLEH! Plus, for as hot and humid as it is there, nobody seems to know how to make an air conditioner work. The office was only sorta cool. I'm a poor gringo of germanic descent that melts in the heat!

Wow, I wish I had that problem. These days, A/C is like stock -- your store better have a LOT if you want to get some customers. The shops and restaurants all have their A/C on FULLBLAST with the doors open all year round. It's really a crime. Worse, it's far too cold indoors, as a result, and I always feel like crap no matter what I wear. But HK still impresses me. Since I go hiking whenever I can, the mountains and oceanside trails offer some of the sweetest breezes and stunningest viesws I've ever been party to. :9

had the first decent snowfall of the season last week, but its still to warm (so dont come to nz for skiing this year), may was the warmest ever since records began in 1860, im still going to work in shorts + a tshirt most days + this is in the 3rd week of winter!

It's raining, its pouring, the old man is snoring!

Been raining for what seems like forever here, causing problems in some cities, luckily we ain't affected so bad in Derby..

What a contrast.

It's pouring down here. Shitting down, even. We've got trees down everywhere, 1m visibility 90% of the time, traffic lights aren't working all over the place, idiots in their Holdens sliding all over the road and nearly killing people. Just a wonderfull day to be stuck in at the office :smile:

And apparently, the worst is yet to come. Which isn't good because all my PC-related goods are in my cabin, which has dodgy supports at the moment, and is sorrounded by massive, swaying trees in this extremely-harsh wind. Hmmmm...

Anyone else having fun?

dsc8487rfg0.jpg

The weather outside right now...I don't think the picture does it justice, it's raining intensely and there's so much wind that trees down the street are being stripped of their leaves. Our back office doors are just howling constantly :p

Last edited by a moderator:
The weather outside right now...I don't think the picture does it justice, it's raining intensely and there's so much wind that trees down the street are being stripped of their leaves. Our back office doors are just howling constantly :p
But... but... it's not supposed to rain in the middle of the QLD winter! All you should get are the dry westerlies!

FWIW, the weather here is rubbish. So much for summer. :(

Back