Knack [PS4]

• Thread starter Deleted member 7537
  • Start date
Honestly, the game's cartoony art style plus the serious, dire nature of the plot as presented with your cute little robot being the savior of the world was just... I dunno if funny is the right term, but it had me giggling when it was revealed!

I love the look and visual style of this game. I didn't at first but the more I see it the more it's grown on me :)

I'm glad also for the kind of game it seems to be; some sort of R&C/J&D type game. Love it.

I also love that Cerny is heading up as game director at SCEJ. I think that these kinds of games are best and most interesting when they're made with authentic more eastern inspired art styles. This is more of a mix of east and west though, but i still find it rather endearing :)

Looking forward to seeing more of Knack.

It looked like a tech demo / feature showcase to me during Playstation event. But now that I've seen the 1080p trailer a bunch of times I'm liking it a lot better.

And if this really something of a tech demo, I really hope they go nuts with the physics. The character seems well suited to that.

If you saw in the trailer when Knack does a jump-then-pound attack and the entire of his body goes flying along with a ton of dust... That is probably what we can expect.

It happens more than once in video during the conference, though is only pictured once in the trailer.

Also the point near the end of the trailer where Knack 'sheds' his knick-knacks, that will probably be a regular thing too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Knack is clearly made of physics interactions. He's made out of easily simulated particles (that change shape depending on whether he's good or evil) that coalesce and disintegrate. The whole premise is using physics in a character-led game.

If you saw in the trailer when Knack does a jump-then-pound attack and the entire of his body goes flying along with a ton of dust... That is probably what we can expect.

It happens more than once in video during the conference, though is only pictured once in the trailer.

Also the point near the end of the trailer where Knack 'sheds' his knick-knacks, that will probably be a regular thing too.

:oops::D
If they don't actually call it that in the game then they seriously missed a trick.

http://gamingeverything.com/47185/a-few-new-knack-details/

Story

- One scientist created main character Knack
- Goblins and humans have lived alongside each other peacefully
- However, the Goblins have been living in rugged rural areas
- Goblins obtain advanced military vehicles including planes and tanks
- Team is asked to find out how they obtained the tech and eliminate the thread
- Team consists of some humans as well as Knack

Gameplay

- At the beginning of the game, Knack is simply a small robot
- Knack can grow larger by joining together with small crystal-like objects
- Up to 5,000 shards can be “added” to Knack
- Can grow 30 feet tall
- Invisible force holds the objects together
- This additionally lets Knack become small and dodge different security systems such as moving lasers
- Collect “sunstones” to unlock moves
- Can unlock a shockwave melee atack that is used heavily in combat
- Mix of platforming and fighting against dozens of enemy types

No one knows. Only one source so far, which I agree may be shaky.

Would be very interesting if it's UE4.

That stuck into my brain as well actually, that it uses UE4. I thought it was smart to do so, as it would help make sure that Sony knows UE4, and pressures Epic early in the generation to get the right optimisations and such in there, much like Microsoft did with Gears of War (but now seem to have banked on doing so with CryEngine 3).

That stuck into my brain as well actually, that it uses UE4. I thought it was smart to do so, as it would help make sure that Sony knows UE4, and pressures Epic early in the generation to get the right optimisations and such in there, much like Microsoft did with Gears of War (but now seem to have banked on doing so with CryEngine 3).

Exactly what I thought, who better to optimise unreal 4 for ps4 than Cerny.

Yes, I am sure Ryse will wow the most when MS shows it tonight, that is, if it isn't being made for xbox0.5 too.
I want some POM goodness for my eyes, hoping Santa Monica and ND show me some tomorrow !:p

Knack really does not play especially well in these highly compressed streams.

9011807246_433a02ba6c_o.jpg

Bullshot?

Back