Kishonti GFXbench

Well I think I already get it...there is a 113 sec time limit and which ever gpu can complete as many frames as it can in that window gets the higher frames score... (which is then divided by the demo time in seconds to get the fps number)
If thats what you are both saying then I got it right the first time.. (except no fixed amount of frames..just time limit)
It's not a time limit, it's the duration of an animation sequence (warrior in shiny armour explores an ancient temple, a fight ensues). All GPUs complete the animation sequence in 113 seconds, but some render the animation more fluid than others. The 100th frame on one GPU can be a totally different point in animation time than the 100th frame on another GPU since the animation is time based, not frame based.

On The Verge's Tegra 4 video, they (nvidia) use a GLBenchmark test that I haven't seen before C24Z16 Offscreen ECT1, how does that compare with the regular C24Z16 Offscreen in terms of performance?

From 1.10 onwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asQUdRKYVrQ
ETC is a texture compression, different vendors support different TCs, probably nvidia monitoring perf with different TC algoritms to be sure that they do not loosing anywhere, so nothing special here

6400+ frames or 57fps in GL2.5 offscreen 1080p is more than nice, but within expectations of so far rumors.

Given the dominance of GLBenchmark, the competitiveness of the market and the history of some participants, do we have any reason to assume that the benchmark doesn't receive special "optimizations"?

Other than naiveté?

Given the dominance of GLBenchmark, the competitiveness of the market and the history of some participants, do we have any reason to assume that the benchmark doesn't receive special "optimizations"?

Other than naiveté?

I'm not entirely sure what you mean, but it is my understanding that all interested IHVs try to contribute in the best way possible for GLB development. When 2.5 launched it was quite a bit steeper in the geometry department than it ended up to be and I guess that Kishonti might have received quite a few protests about it (if not from all of them) and trimmed it down a bit.

If you mean that IHVs optimize their drivers for it, I'd be very surprised if they wouldn't.

Is the T-Rex demo extremely shader heavy that the scores have been scrambled up that much between architectures?
AFAIK there have been very significant changes since I left IMG, so it's likely different and doesn't have a single huge bottleneck anymore, but in an early version, I tried disabling the foliage (many alpha tested layers with an ALU-heavy pixel shader) by modifying the vertex shader to output a dummy position. The overall performance of the entire benchmark increased by about 3x on all handheld architectures.

Also somewhat annoying that the Exynos Galaxy S4 (and maybe other Android SGX devices?) fails to compile all the GLB2.7 shaders so it's impossible to benchmark. James, this is a disgrace, how dare you prioritise compiler optimisation over bugfixing! Oh wait, oops ;) :D

Well first DXBenchmark2.7 from Kishonti are also available now: https://dxbenchmark.com/result.jsp

Tegra3 seems to come along ahead the Adreno225 unlike GLB2.7; oh and a HD7970 is about 8.6x times faster than the current fastest Intel HD4000. Nothing unexpected really ;)

http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=61025&page=15

Judging from the fillrate results only (which doesn't guarantee anything as the S800 obviously has more bandwidth too than a S600) the 330 might be clocked at ~480MHz and not at the 450MHz the Qualcomm roadmap indicated.

Hmm, a Snapdragon 800 clocked at only 1.7 GHz, smells fishy. Either the HPM process is not yielding the results they expected, or this is the Nexus 5 prototype which would still be a good boost over the N4, and not cane the battery.

Hmm, a Snapdragon 800 clocked at only 1.7 GHz, smells fishy. Either the HPM process is not yielding the results they expected, or this is the Nexus 5 prototype which would still be a good boost over the N4, and not cane the battery.

Its not the Nexus, the build name suggests its the LG Optimus G2 for t-mobile

Nexus 4 had mako/occam codenames, this fits in with LGs product line rather than Nexus series

And other than fansites trolling for hits, it has never really been confirmed that LG has the contract this year

Impressive result relatively speaking, but still completely unplayable at these framerates. Using the 2.5 benchmark that is at least on the verge of being playable in terms of framerates, note that the SGX 554MP4 in ipad 4 appears to be about 20% faster in GLBenchmark 2.5 Egypt HD Offscreen (1080p) than the Adreno 330 used in this LG device (notice that the LG device tested here appears to have a 1080p screen resolution, so the 2.5 Egypt HD Onscreen score will be approximately equal to the 2.5 Egypt HD Offscreen (1080p) score).

Back