Any TFS Experts?

Arwin

Now Officially a Top 10 Poster
Legend
Hi,

I'm working with Visual Studio Online for my private programming projects (like tig) and am finding it a really useful way to use the cloud for my source code so far.

However, I have had the misfortunate of checking in one project from a NAS through a direct ip address. Now, whenever that NAS is not available at that specific address, and that is now, as a few days ago I rewired my whole network setup to be in a single ip range, basically Team Foundation Server stopped working.

Back when I first encountered this, I set the ip back to what it was, and then fixed the path in my workspace. However, somewhere, and I am not entirely sure where (maybe even server side?) the reference remains, and everything I do in relation to TFS, even a single file edit, results in a 20 seconds freeze after which I get the error 'The network path was not found'.

It's driving me nuts. I already had a case running with Microsoft which I've just tried to reopen, but I'm secretly hoping there's a TFS guru here who might know something ...

HELP!

And then of course after hours and hours and getting desperate enough to post this here, I decide to just rename the $tfs folder in my Workspace folder, and bam, solved. Of course all projects no longer know their source control status, but checking them in resolves all that pretty much automatically, so finally things are getting back to normal. Pfew!

Back