Killzone Prerendered E3 Trailer Talk

Discussion in 'Console Gaming' started by dubert, Dec 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dubert

Newcomer

Although I recall hearing that it was actually animated in Maya, and only rendered in LW.

2. ROG27

Regular

I suspect he is a liar as well. No professional is this unprofessional, firstly. And secondly, if lightwave was indeed used for the Killzone next trailer, you can bet all employees of Newtek would be under NDA with Sony and Guerrilla Games. Dubert, haven't you seen how other verified Devs have handled themselves on this forum? Not anywhere as blunt as you have been.

His postings would be massive violation of that said NDA.

3. dubert

Newcomer

Why would we be under NDA from Sony or Guerilla?
    They buy the software and use it. They are nothing more than customers.
    LightWave is NewTek's software not Sony's, so how could they have any say on it?

On another note... here is a thread on a LightWave user forum you should read.
    http://www.spinquad.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9904&highlight=killzone
    William aka Proton, just happens to work for NewTek. And he is also a teacher at DAVE school.

4. ralexand

Regular

So you're confirming it was rendered in lightwave?

5. tema

Banned

starting to recall things?

You just found out you had an old Beyond3D account?

6. dubert

Newcomer

Yes, that is what I've heard. I can't be 100% sure until I actually hear it from a person involved in creating it. But I think I can trust William's word on it...

7. dubert

Newcomer

Yes, I'm not that active on any forums. But I drop by occasionally, when I have the time from the busy schedule and all.

8. ralexand

Regular

So you're basically inpersonating someone else.

9. HappyBread

Newcomer

How is Naughty Dog's game shaping up? I've heard they've dumped the cartoony settings of their previous PlayStation games in favour of a realistic setting, with human characters. Should be very interesting what ever they show next, as they have always pumped out top-notch visuals on the PlayStation platform.

10. dubert

Newcomer

No, what gave you that idea?
    I do work for NewTek on lightWave3D, if that's what you're suggesting.
    I am a contractor for them.

11. Axsider

Newcomer

Because it's true. You are a joke, liar and a "hater"! And that's it! Nice try, boy!
    bye

12. dubert

Newcomer

Now that is just offensive. This is exactly why I don't go to forums that much anymore.

13. ralexand

Regular

Well the impression you were giving was that you had first hand knowledge that it was indeed prerendered.

14. tema

Banned

It is to specs. :wink:
    Axis may have tip the action over the scale, it still represent what you will see next generation.

15. ROG27

Regular

Oh so now you are a contractor, and not an employee?

By the way NDA can go any which way...from supplier to customer and vice versa. Sony is not just any old end-user customer of Newtek products...that would be a business to business venture on the megacorporate level and I'm sure they are bound under contract with specific rights and restrictions with which both parties must adhere...this can certainly include NDAs.

I'm not even questioning whether or not Killzone was prerendered target video because I'm sure it is...I'm just trying to figure out if you are credible or not. Signs are pointing to no.

16. dubert

Newcomer

Ok, but how would a customer send an NDA to the developer of a software they have no involvement in?

They bought licences from NT, and they just use the software, they are "end users". How could they tell NewTek what to say, and what not to say? They wouldn't even have to tell anyone in NewTek that it is LightWave they used for rendering.

And saying that I'm a contractor for NT, is not a breach of NDA. But what I cannot tell you is what I'm working on, and what features, other than the ones in the preliminary feature list, are going to be implemented, etc.

You're being a bit skeptic here. Are there no other developers from companies or studios here?

17. Farid

Farid Artist formely known as Vysez
    Veteran Subscriber

Warning

This is uncalled for, Axsider.
    Name calling, or disrespecting someone's word is not allowed, in any circumstances.
    If you want to discuss his claims, or ask for precisions, you can do it, but only in a polite manner.
    Well, if you didn't bump a 5 month old thread about RE5, just to say what we all know, that the KZ trailer was renderered with an offline software, and just to say:
    Maybe some people would react more civily to you and to what you say.

18. Bobbler

Bobbler Shazbot!
    Veteran

Isn't this topic (killzone's prerenderedness) a bit old to get all worked up over?

What is wrong with you guys?

19. SanGreal

Regular

20. dubert

Newcomer

Granted, I apologize that I were too blunt.
    Maybe I wasn't raised very well...

But clearly some people did not know it was prerendered.
    And if trailers like that lift their expectations too high, and is the reason they are waiting for a specific system, I thought it would be good to enlighten them a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.