Killzone Prerendered E3 Trailer Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't bothered to read any of this thread, but I had to share.

My brother has a friend who works for a very prominent game developer (think Bungie, only with better endings) who knows a guy who read a post on a forum from a guy who works in the same building as those who worked on the Killzone stuff and he says that it's definitely real time in a pre-rendered sort of way.

.Sis

PS :devilish:

Sis said:

My brother has a friend who works for a very prominent game developer (think Bungie, only with better endings) who knows a guy who read a post on a forum from a guy who works in the same building as those who worked on the Killzone stuff and he says that it's definitely real time in a pre-rendered sort of way.

.Sis

What? Are you even being serious?

TGL said:
Laa-Yosh, dubert or anyone. Any idea how much processing power would be nedded to actually run the CG trailer realtime ?

Earlier on in this thread I guestimate it anf dubert puts some numbers
to it. Read back a few pages or search for the word minutes in this
thread --post by dubert.

mckmas8808 said:
What? Are you even being serious?
No, I'm just in awe of the fact that a Killzone thread can go 11 pages+. When the game comes out and it still looks like the trailer, many Sony fans will be laughing and many Xbox fans will be crying. Then when they play the game and it sucks--which it will--many Sony fans will be crying. The sum total is that everyone will be crying.

Besides, the "real time in a pre-rendered sort of way" should have tipped you off. ;) I don't even know what that means.

.Sis

Sis said:
No, I'm just in awe of the fact that a Killzone thread can go 11 pages+. When the game comes out and it still looks like the trailer, many Sony fans will be laughing and many Xbox fans will be crying. Then when they play the game and it sucks--which it will--many Sony fans will be crying. The sum total is that everyone will be crying.

Besides, the "real time in a pre-rendered sort of way" should have tipped you off. ;) I don't even know what that means.

.Sis

Im crying laughing after that post. HILARIOUS!

Sis said:

.Sis

Comedy Gold, not bronze, not silver. Fucking Gold.

Hardknock said:
Good god you are so gullible.

Yeah whatever. Better ask a know then assume and not know. Learn something Chuck.;)

And if and when the game looks the same but gameplay sucks I will still buy it and just look at cutscenes to satisfy my inner graphic whore.:devilish:

The only problems that the original Killzone had were from a technological standpoint. Bad team-AI, not very good enemy AI, some graphical problems, etc. The actual game itself though, the characters, the storyline, the world and the war were awesome.

So with the power of the PS3 I don't see the above problems from the original Killzone presenting themselves again. I have a feeling the final product will look a little different, but when the obvious comparisons happen between the E3 video and the actual game itself you won't see many differences. Maybe less character detail or something but thats about all. If you noticed in the Killzone video from E3 theres hardly any lighting going on. It was a pretty pure, raw texture driven visual feast.

xbdestroya said:
Mckmas I'm not disagreeing with you, I was just explaining where Laa-Yosh was coming from in his post. I agree that their direct input would be clarifying rather than obscuring.

I think it would be clarifying only in the aspect that it is another legit
opinion voiced. No more or less clarifying then most of the people
that have already commented here.

I offer the example of giving myself a job at said company. For the
first few months I wouldn't know much more than I currently do now.
Depending on the level of the job I was given and the taks I had
to proform there I may never learn much more than I already know.
And title isn't always a tell-tale as to the amount of knowledge any
particular employee has. etc. I'm sure I'm not saying anything
most of don't alreadty know.

Tesselator said:

I have to spell this out? OK, in a nutshell:

People in the industry both hardware and software developers have
made great strides in the past ten years. It was about 10 years ago
when the very first 3D accelerators came out with ONLY bilinear
filtering and mipmapping. If you talk to any of these people doing
this they are under the impression and rightly so, that what has
occurred in the past ten year has been at a break-neck speed.
Truly high-paced evolutionary development.

However in the interest of sales a few companies (the names of
whom are really not important!) unscrupulously build unrealistic
expectations among "users". This unrealistic expectation level
causes disappointment, unrest, even some limited social chaos.
The developers and techs instead of receiving praise for being
the god-like beings they are get slaps, insults, and kicks from a
much wider section of the user population than they deserve.

It's not fair. I think it should stop. dubert thinks it should stop.
Several others here that DID get the point of this thread think
it should stop.

So we see a problem... What is the first thing you should do when
you see a problem? Well, identifying it AS a problem would probably
be a very good start. Don't you think? From there awareness
levels can be raised across the board and intelligent discussion
can begin to occur. That by itself might be enough - or other
consumer actions of individual conscience may evolve. Whatever
the result it needs a beginning. That beginning is what this thread
is about contributing to.

Great post, and IMHO a very professional reply. If there is one great harm facing the gaming industry's future it will be flase marketing of what consumers should expect from next-gen consoles and the software developed for the system. Attending E3 was the biggest let down after "hearing" so much about it, and seeing all of the touched up screens of games. But once I saw actual games being played, and spoke with a few developers and one Video card maker I quickly learned it was not the software on the show floor that was the let down. It is the marketing. The actual games that I saw on display though impressed me. I hope this thread can continue as it has, and those who wish to derail it just not participate. It has been a good discussion and agian what I lerk on B3d for.

The definition of Noise is this thread

I'm posting just to say that this is a terrible thread, all around.

But I have to point that the discussion in this thread wasn't of great quality. Really.
The thread is in the Console Games forum, but that doesn't mean that anything can be said without any coherence required.

And of coherence, this thread is lacking, it seems that nobody is actually arguing the same topic or idea. People arguing about Motorstorm being RT, other saying that KZ could do smokes effects others saying that it couldn't, obviously, do software rendered Hypervoxels in RT, people discussing about other poster's english, people stating facts and extrapolations in the same sentences...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back