Kids. In. School.

No, it's much better.

My son started 4th grade and my daughter started 1st grade today. Today is just a half day, tomorrow will be their first full day.

Both kids in school full-time, it'll be the first time I get something like a regular break from 'em in about 8 years.

Right now I'm kind of freaking out worrying, but I do that every year...I'll be better about it after tomorrow. :)

Kids in a School?

Is that like Snakes on a Motherfarkin Plane?

"Kids on a Plane."

Respite at last, eh DW? Nows the time to rack up some frags and announce "lawl" proudly over teamspeak, in utter solitude.

Well, that's what I'd do...

Last edited by a moderator:
it'll be the first time I get something like a regular break from 'em in about 8 years.
Seriously, I chuckled out loud to myself reading that!

Right now I'm kind of freaking out worrying, but I do that every year...I'll be better about it after tomorrow. :)
Why wait until tomorrow? Just light up a joint and let go of all worries!

Or are you still abstaining from that? I wouldn't have expected you to last this long... :)

Hell no! But I still worry, I can't help it.

I'll be better after they're settled into a routine with it, then it'll get easier for me.

YES!!!!

In an unprecedented turn of events everyone had a good day! :D

I'm doing laundry getting ready for the next two days, both kids are actually enthused about school this year. :cool:

(Well, Maddy is enthused...Justin is tolerant.
;) )

Well, to be honest, you're going to miss them.

I know I would (no kids yet)

They'll come home from school, and you'll be so excited to see them, and then they'll trash the house. :)

Kids in school since early july here.
But school is only in the morning from 7 to 12, monday to friday.
After that back home, have lunch and start their homework or just be kids :)

The school year start in february usually after carnival.

Last edited by a moderator:
Today (thurs) was the first day for my 2nd and 5th graders. Morning went like clockwork so fingers are crossed for a good first day. They have a new after-school program this year: homework at my office!

Fingers crossed.

I did that last year Pascal with my daughter, she had kindergarten from 12-2:35. Too short of a time to do anything and half the time I helped out in her kindergarten anyways.

This is the first year they both go from 8-2:40, and this is their first full day. I got 'em to school on time, clean, and all prepared this morning and now I'm just trying to not take a nap so I can change my sleep patterns. (It's raining so I can't mow and I'm too tired to clean today)

Feels weird to have all this quiet time, but me likes it. I think I'll go mess around with benching different AA modes of xfire, it's been interesting lately.

Here most schools work in the morning or in the afternoon, not both.

IIRC there is only one which is called Anglo and with lot of focus in the English language.

Back