JUST CAUSE (reviews)

groper

Regular
Two exclusive and quite different IGN reviews.

US REVIEW

usareviewcw0.jpg

And UK REVIEW

ukreviewbo2.jpg

yep a lot of people loved the demo and a lot hated it.

I think we'll see more flucuation in other sites.

just another example that reviews are just one mans OPINION.

I think we'll see more flucuation in other sites.

just another example that reviews are just one mans OPINION.

That's the reason why IGN's and a lot of other site's review suck. First of all, they just let only one guy review the game. Secondely they've got editorial / review staff dedicated to one platform making the reviews inconsistent across the different consoles. That's just not the way to conduct proper reviews.

I like the way EGM does their reviews. Three people review a game. So it's three men's OPINIONS. ;) You'll sometimes see a reviewer calling another reviewer out on something like in the Yakuza review.

Didn't you read their latest press release

IGN a place for everyone

In its efforts to diversify IGN is proud to announce its newest addition to its growing number of services. IGN has always strived to offer service close to your heart and homeland. Check out our newest addition

http://afghanistan.ign.com offers all reviews and news in your local language.

Shifty Geezer said:
I thought IGN was a US site, covering US game releases in the same way EuroGamer is a UK site (though they've regional European options I think). If I look up Just Cause on the XB360 at IGN, I get the top (US) score.

Indeed its a US site but their reviews affect thousands non US/UK gamers who can speak some English , even people with a poor English knowledge like me.
I think that they have an international ray of influence , like Gamespot. But yes the main mass of their visitors and subscribers is from US.

Now about Avalanche and their game... I think that they made a strategic mistake.
IMO when you are a small starter developer and you want to built a Name releasing a game with some evolutionary components (like Crytek before some years) ,you dont aiming for 4 platforms at once. You have to focus your strength to one platform (pc or xbox360) and after you finish with it you can deal with the other one and release it six or eight months later.
After all as the reviewer said:
"It seems that if they had a little more time to iron out the bugs and add some polish, then they would have produced a great title."

Apart of this , i belive that Avalanch proove that Procedural Gen. is a very effective choise for Huge free roaming games.

Here is the video review (US) : http://rapidshare.de/files/33770456/JUST_CAUSE_-_VIDEO_REVIEW.wmv.html

Back