Jeff Minter XBLA Game in dev...

expletive

Veteran
It would be cool to see an updated Tempest and Defender on XBLA ala Tempest 2000 and Defender 2000, though I'm not sure who has the rights to those games.

Why can't I stop imagining the talks between the Microsoft suits and Minter like a scene from "The Big Lebowski"

MS: Are you employed, sir?
Minter: Employed?
MS: You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that? On a weekday?
Minter: Is this a... what day is this?

Too much like Geometry Wars I think, unless he goes for a different style. Perhaps a 'Harrier' style into the screen Llamatron?

Note that Minter was not "the man behind ... the legendary Tempest series." However he was author of several successful remakes/sequels.

ChryZ said:
Why can't I stop imagining the talks between the Microsoft suits and Minter like a scene from "The Big Lebowski"

MS: Are you employed, sir?
Minter: Employed?
MS: You don't go out looking for a job dressed like that? On a weekday?
Minter: Is this a... what day is this?

:smile: ...

Platon said:
:smile: ...
Do people have the opinion that Microsoft employees where suits? Because that was the old IBM stereotype. I believe the required dress code for MS folks is polo shirts and dockers. ;)

Sis said:
Do people have the opinion that Microsoft employees where suits? Because that was the old IBM stereotype. I believe the required dress code for MS folks is polo shirts and dockers. ;)

Ohh... I am sure I am wrong about MS employees and have a steroetyoe that is not really true. It is just the reference to the Big Lebowski made me actualy smile. What a great movie, and yes I could picture my self that converasation although I "know" that it is most likely wrong...

Back