PS2 27,549
PSP 26,340
GBASP 6,372
GBM 3,676
360 1,926
GC 1,080
GBA 46
Xbox 30

Looks like PSP has been taking lots of kicks to the groin. Last week's numbers were about the same as these. When the DSL is released in the US it will be utter chaos.

Last edited by a moderator:
...it never ceases to amaze me how different the japanese market is from the rest of the world! some fun sounding titles on that list though. for 400 yuan ($50) i can get a second-hand DS regular if i trade in a GBA... tempting... :9~~~ worried about the touch screen tho.

Typically sales charts in the past looked somewhat like the one in the first post, except you'd replace all DS entries with PS2 entries, and all PS2 entries with GBA entries, and then add a very light sprinkle of other, more obscure platforms.

My, how things change... DS has really turned into a phenomenon at this point, and it seems the platform has definitely reached "critical mass". DS Lite has been selling like 110-140k in Japan pretty much every week since release, and even the phat version isn't doing poorly.

Seems to me, DS is going to get a lot of cool games with this many systems being snapped up by hungry buyers... Oh, it's good to be a gamer in times like these! :devilish:

poopypoo said:
...it never ceases to amaze me how different the japanese market is from the rest of the world! some fun sounding titles on that list though. for 400 yuan ($50) i can get a second-hand DS regular if i trade in a GBA... tempting... :9~~~ worried about the touch screen tho.

No real need to worry about the touch screen. I've had my DS since the US launch and I never put a screen protector on it. The screen is still 100% scratch free (I can't even see any tiny scratches when I looked carefully under a light).

The DS Fatty is going to be a status symbol the way the Xbox Duke is..."Yes, it sucks, but early adopter, yo." I have a Fatty. :D

Teasy said:
No real need to worry about the touch screen. I've had my DS since the US launch and I never put a screen protector on it. The screen is still 100% scratch free (I can't even see any tiny scratches when I looked carefully under a light).

same here*. but for the record i've seen some badly abused kiosk units that you couldn't help feel sorry about. so it seems it takes some reasonable use to stay scratch free (unlike the psp where you can't do anything but use screen protectors - that's not a jab just an observation)

* i do have one tiny spec on the upper screen since when a friend tried to use the upper screen as a touch one.

Yeah I've seen plenty of scratched DS's in kiosks, but those systems are mistreated in the extreme. Acording to the workers in one store they found out people had been using there car keys as a stylus! :???:

Back