Jak & Daxter 2 - high quality screens

I would really appreciate if you would start using a normal word instead. It's just one of those things about you that makes me a bit nauseous. If you think it's cool and edgy, I can tell you right away - it's not.

london-boy said:
AND here comes little chap to ruin the thread... :rolleyes:

where was that EJECT button again......

It makes me wonder if he has really had seen the output of J&D and R&C with a PS2 on a display than screenshots when he claimed J&D2, J&D & R&C looks similar, does he mean J&D and R&C are as clean as the screenshots (except JPEG artifacts) on a TV ? ;)

I for sure did not see anything that clean with J&D and R&C on my display.

maskrider said:
london-boy said:

It makes me wonder if he has really had seen the output of J&D and R&C with a PS2 on a display than screenshots when he claimed J&D2, J&D & R&C looks similar, does he mean J&D and R&C are as clean as the screenshots (except JPEG artifacts) on a TV ? ;)

:LOL: :LOL:

ruin the thread? :rolleyes:
i am voicing geniune concerns here.

03.jpg

ratchet_051302_1.jpg

marc,
no more graphiiX! just for you! :oops:

maskrider said:
london-boy said:

similar as in, includes the crappy washed out greyed out texturing. :p

chaperone said:
maskrider said:
london-boy said:

similar as in, includes the crappy washed out greyed out texturing. :p

OH GOD............

the fact that J&D has at times some great texturing

and

R&C had to cut down on textures to push up the poly counts

means absolutely nothing to u......... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Last time I've played J&D it got close to burning my retinas with it's oversaturated and vibrant colors. I wouldn't mind it if they subdue pallete a little bit...

chaperoni and cheese my friend, please stop with your useless posts. You make it hard for the majority of posters to come to the forum. And if you're asking me.......I almost shit my pants when I saw those screens. They are absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see this game in motion. This is a prime example of the developers taking advantage of PS2's strength and exploiting them the best they can. Very impressive for PS2 and I'm practically drueling over here.

Sonic said:
chaperoni and cheese my friend, please stop with your useless posts. You make it hard for the majority of posters to come to the forum. And if you're asking me.......I almost shit my pants when I saw those screens. They are absolutely beautiful, and I can't wait to see this game in motion. This is a prime example of the developers taking advantage of PS2's strength and exploiting them the best they can. Very impressive for PS2 and I'm practically drueling over here.

cheese? anyone said cheese?

yes, JD1 had decent texturing and a much better looker than RC IMO. but if you look back at this topic. i was talking about using the same engine technology.

you can see that all three games(make it 4, RC2) look highly similar. the way the world looks and all. it is like some random engine generator. you can put Jax in RC world and vice versa and they wouldnt feel out.

I was hoping to see the 2 games having 2 distinct styles rather than copyin off one another. they are SCE games too boot. surely Sony could have make the 2 games more standout? :oops:

I hope you guys get moi point. Sharing technoloy is fine, but not to the point of copying how the overall game looking so damn similar.

I really wished either RC or JD will have really constrasted look. using the same engine but render with totally different art style. it is also a nice way to sell the games too. now both series look highlyy similar. :oops:

chaperone said:
I hope you guys get moi point. Sharing technoloy is fine, but not to the point of copying how the overall game looking so damn similar.

I really wished either RC or JD will have really constrasted look. using the same engine but render with totally different art style. it is also a nice way to sell the games too. now both series look highlyy similar. :oops:

i'll keep replying in a respectable way, saying that maybe the 2 (or 3) games look very similar, but as u say, they do share technology however they use highly diverse artwork...
the reason they look slightly similar is because of the insane draw distance and the cartoony look.....
but thats it....
its like saying that final fantasy 10 and evergrace look similar because they're fantasy RPG's......... :rolleyes:

"i'll keep replying in a respectable way"
and i will too. 8)

now lets take a look at FFX and Evergrace
ffx_eng_015.jpg

egrace_12.jpg

Enough to distinguish the art style, and even the technical acheivements is freaking obvious.
now scroll up and look at the JD2 and RC pics....see something amiss?

Again, sharing engine is fine, but at least be smart/hardworing enough to rework the artstyle, so as to distinguish the games. EFFORT people E-F-F-O-R-T.

Heck, Splinter Cell uses the Unreal engine BUT does it look like the other Unreal engine users? :oops:

chaperone said:
"i'll keep replying in a respectable way"
and i will too. 8)
now lets take a look at FFX and Evergrace

Enough to distinguish the art style, and even the technical acheivements is freaking obvious.

Again, sharing engine is fine, but at least be smart/hardworing enough to rework the artstyle, so as to distinguish the games. EFFORT people E-F-F-O-R-T.

Heck, Splinter Cell uses the Unreal engine BUT does it look like the other Unreal engine users? :oops:

I will only ask a simple question to see what your opinion is based

1) you played the games (JD and RC) and think they are similar
2) from the screenshots and nothing else

chaperone said:

well duh, what do u expect, unreal is a first person futuristic-messy-whatever-it-is shooter, splinter cell is a third person stealth action game....

they could not look similar even if they wanted to...

on the other hand u have J&D and R&C which share the same technology AND are 2 platform games AND have cartoony style.....

of course they could look much different if the devs wanted to, but then they wouldnt be the games they are..... at the same time, they do look as different as they possibly can given all the things they share.... especially they play nothing alike.... but at the end of the day i hardly believe u have played both of them so... :rolleyes:

chap, this is the problem with posting screenshots. I'm sure you went out of your way to display two screenshots that have comparable looks and art style in order to make your point. You should really look at the games as a whole, and you would see that they are greatly different.

I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. They really don't look that great to me. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but could someone point out why these screens look good to you guys? Personally I think they are less than spectacular. I'm not trolling either. I honestly can't see it.

Johnny Awesome said:
I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about. They really don't look that great to me. Maybe I'm not seeing it, but could someone point out why these screens look good to you guys? Personally I think they are less than spectacular. I'm not trolling either. I honestly can't see it.

for one, the models look extremely well done, with a pretty high poly count. everything else is pretty J&D-standard (immense draw distance, beautiful artwork), which is not a bad thing per se...
the screens are touched up though so they won't represent the final product, however, in case they include progressive scan, they will look damn close.

Johnney, I guess I can only speak for myself here, but Jak & Daxter has been my favorite game on any platform. I've never had that much of fun playing a platformer, so naturally, these screens get me hyped up in awe even thinking about that I might be walking through these settings come christmas time (I hope it will be out by then). The screens do seem to be impressive, but perhaps you had to play the first game to really appreciate them. It's the animation and the fun you'll get playing these characters that makes it so special. Obviously, my hopes are up quite high, but I think after the first part, it's to be expected.

I can see if someone finds it less impressive based on the screens, but just like the first part, you'll have to play it to see it's beauty. Leaving graphics out of this, I am looking forward to the gameplay it will have.

And Chap - you're an idiot. I could get two screens of any game and find similarities. J&D didn't anything like R&C - but that probably means nothing to you since you've played neither of them. Just get a life and leave this thread alone, will you? Thanks.

Back