03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Looks nice, especially the third screen. Character models seem to be quite a bit nicer and more detailed.

HOLY CRAP! :oops: :oops:

I wanted to post some crappy scans (and those ones got me worried for a while because I was looking for 'more impressive') - but this... wow, you made my day!!!

:LOL: here's hoping that the game will see a december release in Europe!!!

:oops: a bit too clean if u ask me.....
even in progressive scan (which i see very feasible seen the latest first party Sony games...) the game wouldn't look that clean...

and also, the models on the pix are VERY hi poly, u can hardly see a sharp polygon edge...... i guess it can be done in realtime cutscenes... but let's just wait and see...

looking nice though :LOL:

If you look at the gameplay screens, characters are just as high poly (you can clearly make out daxter's eyeballs for example)

And the shots are obviously supersampled like everyone is doing these days.

marconelly! said:
If you look at the gameplay screens, characters are just as high poly (you can clearly make out daxter's eyeballs for example)

yeah it does look gorgeous... is this game being developed in the UK? (just want to see if it's likely to come out soon in here...)

london-boy said:
marconelly! said:

yeah it does look gorgeous... is this game being developed in the UK? (just want to see if it's likely to come out soon in here...)

No America (it's by Naughty Dog, remember?). If their recent games are to go by, them the game should be released almost simultaneously in all 3 territories in all languages. :D

Phil said:
london-boy said:
marconelly! said:

No America (it's by Naughty Dog, remember?). If their recent games are to go by, them the game should be released almost simultaneously in all 3 territories in all languages. :D

oh yeah... so it's Insomniac studios that are in the UK right??? no they aint... oh well who cares... the real reason i'm asking is that both major UK first party games (the Getaway and Primal) supported progressive scan, which could do so much for this game....

Ingenu said:
Could you state the console(s) on which it will be released, please ?

Am I missing something??? Is there any real chance for this game to be released in any other platform than PS2?

No, it's PS2 only, of course. New Game informer has a huge article about this game. The official name is 'Jak 2' and the gameplay will be somewhat changed. From what I understand (haven't read the article), the game will have similar structure as GTA games, it will be mission based, and will take place in a huge city, which in itself will be as big as the whole J&D1 world, and will also have passages to 16 additional levels. You will have acces to ~15 different weapons. Jak will be able to transform to 'Dark Jak' (I have no idea what for), as you can see in one of the screens. One of the level designers is an ex Sega employee, Yasuhara, who was responsible for level designs in Sonic 1-4 games.

level design is something I'm pretty much worried about, actually. I loved the island of part 1... the fact that part 2 is playing in a huge city, certainly has me a bit worried that it will turn out borring. If anything, I was hoping for lots of nature.. you know, a place in the outside to do some "adventuring"...

We'll see how it pans out. If you've seen those crappy GI scans, you can tell that the city will not be quite standard looking. It may end up having places with nature, who knows.

megateto said:
Ingenu said:
Could you state the console(s) on which it will be released, please ?

Am I missing something??? Is there any real chance for this game to be released in any other platform than PS2?

Higly unlikely ... this is not a Crash Bandicoot situation (franchise owned by 3rd party publisher), Naughty Dog was bought by Sony and became a first party dev ... the J&D franchise is owned by Sony.

marconelly! said:
We'll see how it pans out. If you've seen those crappy GI scans, you can tell that the city will not be quite standard looking. It may end up having places with nature, who knows.

The scale of freedom of GTA; the high quality animation / framerate / humor / gameplay from naughty dog. I love it already.

Nice interview:

http://au.playstation.com/news/naughtyinterview.jhtml

We used every nook and cranny in the PlayStation 2 to make Jak and Daxter work and we couldnt have squeezed out an extra drop LAST YEAR. But now, we have had time to think,

time to learn, and time to examine what we have done wrong, so we will get a whole hell of a lot more out of the PlayStation 2 this year. And so it goes. Think of video game hardware as a trash can. You fill it to the top, then next game you smash down what is in it with your foot, and you find you can fill it up with even more. Then you do it again, and again, until it is as compact as you can get it with your foot. Then you get a really

big weight and you compress it again. At that point, the original full trashcan amount is just a little smashed layer at the bottom. When we released Jak and Daxter it filled the PlayStation 2 to 100%. Now we will smash it down and add more, lots more. Then we will do it again. Thats game evelopment!

The "trash can" example, good one ... LOL

EWWWW! :? Is it really a good idea to share engines?
This graphiiX is like it is created from a generic middleware solution. JD1, RC and JD2 all look so similar. if i was not told it was JD2, i might mistaken some screens for RC.

the good thing though, i love JD camera and controls. best in the business. 8)
but the new direction....GTA clone? ....... hmmm..... :oops:

Back