Its Fake

best effort ive seen, any further info, was it touched up with photoshop or have post processing

I basically don't know anything about the subject, but to me it doesn't seem particularly impressive that some offline render looks quite close to a real person, but apparentely it is?

That's absolutely incredible! The future of computer generated rendering is very exciting. Nice post Dav.

I basically don't know anything about the subject, but to me it doesn't seem particularly impressive that some offline render looks quite close to a real person, but apparentely it is?

Have you seen any offline render of a human torso that's as real as this? If so please provide a link because I would like to see it for myself to determine if it's as good as this one.

Well I've seen that pic and this Samuel one on this very forum where I learned that it's something called subsurface scattering that makes the skin look real. :smile:

SLJ_WIP_019.jpg

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?p=914404

Yeah... That Jackson is a CGI Jackson. I have to say, the girl is MUCH more impressive if only because the hair looks amazing, and Jackson has NO hair... Still, it's scary how far we've come huh...

wow, the only thing that really gives the girl away imo, is the lips and the cloth.

Actually, I was going to say that the hair and the ears are what gave it away for me with the girl. Also, it lacks a certain "spark" to it in her eyes. Not sure what exactly. The hair and ears are very noticeably cgi though.

Nite_Hawk

Both those pics are pretty bloody impressive. That said though, when they move as convincingly as they appear as stills I'll concede that maybe we've achieved photo-realism :)

I believe both of those pics were done by the same artist.
What pics? Jackson and the Korean actress? If so, you're incorrect. The Jackson render is made by Jacques Defontaine while the other one is by Max Edwin Wahyudi.
if nobody knew it was cgi, nothing would tell it , i'm pretty sure of that
I don't think I would have been able to tell either. On the other hand, take look at this Natalie Portman render by the same artist. It's obviously 'very good', and I know people who don't see anything wrong with it. To me, though, I think she looks freakishly fake. Ethnic and cultural background along with our familiarity of the person in question definitely impact our reaction to CG faces.

Back