is this the future, ion cooling ?

As soon as I see something mention "ion", I'm thinking "ozone".

Ozone is extremely hazardous to the human health. It's a genuine threat, it destroys living tissue (it's a free radical that oxidizes tissue randomly), and causes many lung-related problems.

If this thing produces ozone - and with the amount of air it supposedly moves I'm inclined to believe it might make A LOT of it - I wouldn't want to be anywhere NEAR it. Certainly not in the same room.

you're pessimistic, I'm thinking of the old "air ionizers" which are meant to make air better for you thanks to negative ions. I'm skeptical about these old gadgets, or more accurately I don't care about them and think that at worst they're harmless :).

Oh, while I'm checking the article.. the guy uses precisely that, a "ionic air cleaner" in his words. (and, what a fugly font :???: )

The downside would be any dust in the case is going to become ionically charged and stick like hell to every piece of metal in the case. :(

I had our ionic breeze in the PC room for a while, 'til I found out about that downside. I've moved it.

Air filters like the Ionic Breeze do generate ozone, but the amount is very small, well below the legal limit.

Back