Is Sony using their gaming clout to push Blueray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OpaOpa

Banned
And in turn crippling the PS3's gaming potential?

WOrd is Oblivion was canned at E3 when Sony confirmed to Bethesda that the PS3 wouldent ship with an HD.

We all know Squenix is upset that SOny dropped HD support for the PS2, not having it standard in the PS3 can't bode well for future online support from them. From the recent interviews conducted it sounds like they are pretty much concentrating on the X360 and PC for their future mmorpg in the works(rumored to be World of Mana).

You would think Sony would have tried to one up MS or at least match them by having custom soundtracks in PS3 titles. In fact I was certain that would be their gameplan long ago, and MS would be the ones still clinging onto the idea that only certain titles could have soundtracks.

It just seems counterproductive for the PS3 to not have the PS3 ship with a HD, unless they were already strapped for cash with the 3 billion sunken into the Cell and countless other dollars invested in Blueray.

Think about it, the PS3 WON'T be a tivo out of the box. If you want to record tv shows, download tv shows, movies, agme demos, music, you can't do it out of the box. And that fact alone makes it's future media center possibilities extremly limited. Sure, it will play high def movies out of the box, but that plus 7 USB ports isnt going to cut it.

It isnt a true media center, and Kutaragi says it isn't even a gaming machine. I think he's somewhat right, it's a fence stradler that doesnt quite commit on either end.

[/rant]

There is already a thread discusing the lack of a hardrive . IF you want to post about that go ahead. I don't see the point in the thread tittle or how it relates to the content of the post . If you want to bash a company or rant about a company this is not the forum for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back