Is Sony to blame for the 360 defect rumors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Powderkeg

Banned
http://www.1up.com/news/0001ab32/sony.php?3.asm

Sony Employees Caught in Act
November 23, 2005 (7:04 PM EST)

By Jeff Wagoner, CF Editor

Tokyo (AP)-
As cries of Xbox 360 defects in the United States have consumed the online world in the past 48 hours since the launch, it has been discovered that Sony is apparently the fuel to the fire. Known as "Project Light Flame" it has been revealed that third-party employees of a Sony subsidiary named Koyeo are actually being paid to insight negative views upon the newly released console. Why you ask? Because Sony themselves are gearing up for a launch of their new console, the Playstation 3. More news to come as soon as it's available...

If this is true, than this is really bad mud slinging :LOL:. I can't wait till the PS3 is released. It WILL come back to bite Sony in the ass.

Well if true that doesn't surprise me in the least. Sony should just have stepped back and let it unfold on it's own; there seem to be enough 360 'issues' that they didn't need to add on. Now they can expect some blowback I'm sure. Pretty pathetic to do this really.

(what is it with Sony's obsession with fake critics and such?)

Not that I would have expected any different from MS mind you. Major Nelson is testament to that.

Well, since I posted this, I'll post the retraction.

So far it's looking like this story is BS. I got the link from another site, but after checking it there doesn't seem to be any actual article there.

We'll chalk this up as my failure to check my sources. Any mod feel free to delete this thread.

Ok, well I'm proud of you Sony for not doing the fake critic thing again! (thus far)

It could be possible MS is creating 360 auctions and bidding on their own auctions also. If Sony is doing this then MS will do the same.

You have reached a page that cannot be found. It may be moved or no longer available. Please try one of the following options:

Check the web page location to see if it is correct.
Start from the 1Up.com homepage and navigate to the correct location. If this is a bookmarked location, reset your bookmark.

:?:

Thread Locked

So, it's now officially proven that it was a joke article?

Time to lock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back