Is Gears of War worth purchasing an X360 for? *fixed

Plus they do a pretty good job of correcting/booting cheaters on Live too. Side bonus.:D

I used to find the tinkering of pc's to be enjoyable too. Upgrading a cpu / graphics card. Tweaking settings etc. Now I just want to plug and go. Am I just too lazy now?:oops:

Console gaming ftw!:D

The controlled experience and ease of use keeps me in the console space. Generally at the end of a console's life though I start jonesing for better graphics and upgrade my pc accordingly. That usually tides me over for a year or so until the next gen consoles finally roll around.

I agree. Thats because some of us are actually busy people who go to work or go to school.

IMO

Wii: Party console, but not good for much else.

X360: Great single-player and Live (multi and co-op) play, but not great for social gatherings

PC: RTS, FPS, MMORPG, and that's about it. Very few quality releases.

IMO
PC: RTS, FPS, MMORPG, and that's about it. Very few quality releases.

If the PC has very few quality releases then the 360 has just as few since so many 360 games are Pc ports.

Oblivion, Quake 4, Condemned, RS:V, GRAW, NFS:MW, NFS:C, BFME2, King Kong, COD2, etc.

I know some are not direct ports, some times the PC version is "bigger" because of RAM. Of course games like Battlefield 2 are 100% better on the PC.

That is a streach of an argument; most of those games were developed cross platform, Condemned was developed for the 360 and ported to the PC, and GRAW is a completely different game on the PC.

That is a streach of an argument; most of those games were developed cross platform, Condemned was developed for the 360 and ported to the PC, and GRAW is a completely different game on the PC.

How is it a stretch, a PC gamer can play 75% of the 360 titles. I never played the PC version of GRAW, was it a RTS or something?

SAN FRANCISCO (February 17, 2005) SEGA® of America, Inc. and SEGA Europe Ltd. today announced Condemned™, a suspense-filled, first-person psychological thriller game developed exclusively for the next generation of game consoles and the PC.

Condemned was one of those "we'll delay the PC launch because MS paid us to" type of games, not a 360 port.

I forgot Prey, Blazing Angels, FEAR, Tomb Raider, Madden....

I forgot Prey, Blazing Angels, FEAR, Tomb Raider, Madden....

Well..that's about 6 out of 100...keep going...

Thing is alot of the games on PC are completely different versions than 360, for example sports games are essentially hires Xbox and PS2 ports, while the 360 and PS3 get the next gen versions with the new controls, nice physics, etc etc.

Well..that's about 6 out of 100...keep going...

Thing is alot of the games on PC are completely different versions than 360, for example sports games are essentially hires Xbox and PS2 ports, while the 360 and PS3 get the next gen versions with the new controls, nice physics, etc etc.

I have a PC and 360, I'm not bagging on the 360. I have been burned by ports though. I paid $20 more for the 360 version of Oblivion, what did I get? No mods, bad frame rate, patches released later, etc. At least I bought COD2 on the PC for half the price and used the KB&M.

My 360 games ATM:
Oblivion, GRAW, RSV, Marvel Alliance, GoW, Madden 07, NFS:MW - How many can I not play on the PC (some version, better or worse), One. Sorry if I'm not a big fan of bad Rare games...

You buy a console for exclusives and multiplayer reasons (split screen, Live), not to play Quake 4.

I have a PC and 360, I'm not bagging on the 360. I have been burned by ports though. I paid $20 more for the 360 version of Oblivion, what did I get? No mods, bad frame rate, patches released later, etc. At least I bought COD2 on the PC for half the price and used the KB&M.

My 360 games ATM:
Oblivion, GRAW, RSV, Marvel Alliance, GoW, Madden 07, NFS:MW - How many can I not play on the PC (some version, better or worse), One. Sorry if I'm not a big fan of bad Rare games...

You buy a console for exclusives and multiplayer reasons (split screen, Live), not to play Quake 4.

May I ask what your pc specs are? I upgraded my htpc guts after 360 came out with the idea that I needed to improve the system to make it compatible with mce2005 and in the meanwhile I could postpone a 360 purchase by playing a game or two on the new box. Well oblivion shot that notion in the face.:devilish:

At about the time I got everything running smoothly on the box with the latest patches/drivers etc it was around e3. After evaluating both 360 and ps3 before hand I was leaning toward 360 but then after the ps3 price announcement I was pissed as I knew xb360 would see no pricedrop that year.:mad:

Needless to say I bought a 360 afterward and Oblivion plays much smoother on my 360. Not to mention wireless gaming with a quality controller is a good thing for the livingroom.;)

805 pentium d
ati x1600 pro 512mb
2gb ram

I know I could have built a faster box but I wanted to keep it reasonably priced and I wanted it quiet being an htpc and all.

If I were you DIG I would base my buying decision on the games available and coming. Wii is a nice cheap option now that offers a gaming experience not available on the pc so it would seem to be the no-brainer of the 3. If after a year or two the graphics get to you then pickup a significantly cheaper ps3 or 360.:smile:

My 360 games ATM:
Oblivion, GRAW, RSV, Marvel Alliance, GoW, Madden 07, NFS:MW - How many can I not play on the PC (some version, better or worse),

My Current XBOX Library: GOW, Oblivion, Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Table Tennis, Enchant Arms, Saint's Row, PGR3, SC: DA, COD2, Chromehounds, NHL 2k6, DOA4, Condemned, Viva Pinata,

How many can I play on PC? 5 out of 15.

As for your list, GRAW is a different game, Madden is a different game too, i think.

How is it a stretch, a PC gamer can play 75% of the 360 titles. I never played the PC version of GRAW, was it a RTS or something?

I suggest you go here if you are implying something:

http://www.beyond3d.com/forum/showthread.php?t=37853

x360 version of graw is a completely different game than PC version of graw. PC version of GRAW is the old-gen hi-res version, X360 version of graw is next gen version, with completely different maps, engine etc.

As for your list, GRAW is a different game, Madden is a different game too, i think.

Heh I thought he said 75% of all X360 not 75% of games he is interested in :LOL: :rolleyes:
Anyways the old argument that X360 lineup = PC lineup is dead wrong and his 75% talk is pure BS.

There are tons of games outside RTS and FPS genres on X360 that are not coming to PC, and even in those two genres the heavy hitters are shifting more towards the consoles away from PC, exluding Crysis. I mean sure you get to play Halo3 on PC too, in 2029... the K/M gives the edge in sharpness, but imo pad is more fun in FPS-games. So basically the RTS-games are the only genre I'd rather play on my PC...

So by definition the console will only be half as fun as the PC is? :|

Depends, I actually had some good part of the other half of fun with xbox (one) modding it to run linux, adding a couple of usb ports, changing the hard drive to a 120GB one and using it as a media center with xbmc.

Can't see wii getting anywhere near that much love, 360 being a strong maybe... but not wanting to potentially mod myself out of the live service would leave ps3 potentially the best next gen console for all the extra fun...

Digi,

I told you you should have just gotten an 360 back when you were thinking about this or a Wii :) There are far too many good games coming out now on the 360 to give it a second thought. Just do it!

Back