Is Elite Bastards pro-nVidia now?

Evildeus said:
Why did it take so long?
They had to put extry love and care into it.
yep.gif

digitalwanderer said:
Evildeus said:
Why did it take so long?
They had to put extry love and care into it.
yep.gif

Really? http://www.bit-tech.net/gaming/2005/06/14/hl2_hdr_overview/4.html

15/06/2005 Update: as mentioned in the original story, the net is rife with speculation that ATI specifically asked Valve to hold back Lost Coast until the launch of their next-gen GPU, R520, reported to be on the 26th of July. We can now firmly dispell that theory, thanks to an email follow-up from Doug Lombardi:

On the release date, right now we're looking at some time in July. The only reason for the change in date was internal development - no external factors.

Who you gonna believe? Valve or your old buddy Digi?

I do believe I have a better track record than them at this sort of thing, making scheduled releases ain't exactly their forte. ;)

digitalwanderer said:

I do believe I have a better track record than them at this sort of thing, making scheduled releases ain't exactly their forte. ;)

Haha, you do have a point there :)

ANova said:
I agree geo, except for the SM3 bit that is. By the time shader heavy games come out that really make use of SM3 the 6 series will be too slow to run them. So having SM3 for future proofing is really a moot point unless you want to run at 800x600.

Except games are coming out faster than expected that give you the choice between SM3.0 or SM1.1(?), so ati's cards are just being ignored.
That, and being able to run something slowly is better than not running it at all, a geforce 3 ti 200 was slower than a geforce 2 ultra, yet was capable of running games for much longer.

BTW, Rage3d seems pro-nvidia to me right now, at least the forums do.

digitalwanderer said:
All I know for sure is that the new Green Lantern rocks over the original Hal Jorden.
yep.gif

The one in the comic books or the one on the Justice League cartoon?

Fox5 said:
No clue, I was a Marvel kind of guy....I just said that to piss of John Reynolds. :devilish:

EDITED BITS: Sorry, I hate inside jokes too....here's why I put that:

[url=http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155190#155190 said:
John Reynolds at Elite Bastards[/url]]Two of the top four threads are now locked. There is obvious barring of certain holds going on here. I detect an air of neo-nazi moderation and suspect those who run this faggoted established are pinko commie, facist Marxist, liberal pig-dogs who're pro-union and prefer the new Green Lantern over the original Hal Jorden.

digitalwanderer said:
Fox5 said:
No clue, I was a Marvel kind of guy....I just said that to piss of John Reynolds. :devilish:

EDITED BITS: Sorry, I hate inside jokes too....here's why I put that:

[url=http://www.elitebastards.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=155190#155190 said:
John Reynolds at Elite Bastards[/url]]Two of the top four threads are now locked. There is obvious barring of certain holds going on here. I detect an air of neo-nazi moderation and suspect those who run this faggoted established are pinko commie, facist Marxist, liberal pig-dogs who're pro-union and prefer the new Green Lantern over the original Hal Jorden.

Oh, haha! Well, it doesn't really matter, Spiderman 2049 could kick any Green Lantern's ass.

digitalwanderer said:
No clue, I was a Marvel kind of guy....I just said that to piss of John Reynolds.

Heh, same here. Jvd was telling me about his comics he's been reading while recuperating and mentioned the Green Lantern stuff. 8)

Well, I hope I didn't just go over the top on whoever 3DChipset is. I realized later he probably wasn't a regular, and is staff at another site. Ah well, I was in context for the thread and he wasn't. Tho I'll be happy to apologize if I hurt his feelings and y'all think I should.

I'm a Marvel guy too. Have I mentioned my Avengers #4, the reappearance of Captain America? Not mint, but it is the only comic I kept when I let 'em all go. Tho I shoulda kept the darn alcoholic Iron Man one.

I still have Cerebus 20-50 lying around somewhere, I loved that series!

Geo- Nah, don't worry about it. Solomon can usually dish it out as well as he can take it, if he has a problem about it he'll let ya know. Solomon is alright. (3DChipset guy ;) )

What the hell was this thread about?

Don't make me pull out my former collection. Trust me, my spandex-bound comics penis is larger than the rest of yours <recalls his nigh complete FF collection with bittersweet fondness>.

John Reynolds said:
Don't make me pull out my former collection. Trust me, my spandex-bound comics penis is larger than the rest of yours <recalls his nigh complete FF collection with bittersweet fondness>.

Dude, admitting to keeping one comic is not exactly a challenge. :LOL:

So, are we hopeful or apprehensive about the FF movie? And should we move this to General Discussion? :LOL: I have some touchstones in the comics world Thou Shall Not F*ck With, and FF is one of them (Cap'n A being the other).

digitalwanderer said:

Valve did recently give an update through steam explaining that the Lost Coast is due sometime in July, they even provided a video of it with half the screen showing HDR and the other no HDR. Though I have to admit it does look done so maybe they are holding out as long as they can for the R520.

Fox5 said:
Except games are coming out faster than expected that give you the choice between SM3.0 or SM1.1(?), so ati's cards are just being ignored.
That, and being able to run something slowly is better than not running it at all, a geforce 3 ti 200 was slower than a geforce 2 ultra, yet was capable of running games for much longer.

What games? SCCT is the only one to my knowledge that does this. I'll say it's a pretty rotten thing to do to your customers. ATI's 9xxx series was one of the fastest and most capable cards ever, especially when compared to the NV3x, so naturally that means there are still quite a few people that own them, not to mention the X8xx series. And for that reason I have not bought SCCT (well that and its use of the intrusive starforce3 crap). Developers can do whatever they want, but if they decide not to support my card then I will decide not to buy their product.

geo said:
So, are we hopeful or apprehensive about the FF movie? And should we move this to General Discussion? :LOL: I have some touchstones in the comics world Thou Shall Not F*ck With, and FF is one of them (Cap'n A being the other).

Apprehensive all the way, though Ms. Alba makes a nice looking Sue. :p

Back