international money transfer

hey69

i have a monster
Veteran
hi there ,

does anybody have experience with international money transfer?
i would like to send money from belgium to japan.

(amount between 1000 2000 euro) Western union asks 65 euro for 1.5thousend.
my bank asks 45 euro.

any other means?

hey69 said:
hi there ,

does anybody have experience with international money transfer?
i would like to send money from belgium to japan.

(amount between 1000 2000 euro) Western union asks 65 euro for 1.5thousend.
my bank asks 45 euro.

any other means?

That sounds pretty expensive my bank only asks around €3 (using Webbank) and around €13 (in the bank) for a standard tranfer (takes a few days). An ekspress transfer would cost around €36 using webbank and €47 in the bank.

Credit cards do it automatically (if you're purchasing things, for example).

Or paypal, I believe, does conversions, also.

RussSchultz said:
Credit cards do it automatically (if you're purchasing things, for example).
Is there a way to do direct credit card to credit card transfers? That would be a very cool and useful thing.

Doesn't paypal charge a fee based on the percentage of the amount transferred? Could be expensive for €1000+...

acording to my friend in japan, it cost him 3.5 % +0.3 us$ to transfer money from his paypal acount to his real bankacount.

inside EU is almost free i think but from within eu to far east or america is another beast...

i think the fastest and easyst will be paypal i think.

dunno bout you but my bank can overnight a check. i dont know if they can do it to another country but wouldnt stop me from trying.

I could forward you contact information of some Nigerian chaps who kindly share their business ideas in their daily mails, they seem knowledgeable in this kind of stuff.

WhiningKhan said:
I could forward you contact information of some Nigerian chaps who kindly share their business ideas in their daily mails, they seem knowledgeable in this kind of stuff.
:LOL:

WhiningKhan said:

oh please send it now asap

that was a joke, you really think i didn't understand him ;)

btw, i paypalled him, aperently the easyest fast and cheapest way

Back