Intel nForce Confirmed

I think the important question here is what is in it for intel to allow nvidia to produce chipsets for the P4 platform. Right now, having the via and sis chipsets around benefits them as they both produce cheap and (atleast compared to intel) somewhat "sketchy" chipsets. On one hand it helps bring the total cost of an intel cpu solution down to compete with AMD packages, and on the other hand it helps show off just how good intel chipsets actually are. An nvidia chipset on intel would only really serve to take away some of the gamer market from intel. I doubt many people would be switching from athlon to P4 simply because of the nvidia chipset (though perhaps with the number of people here that seem to enjoy nvidia's sound system, this is a false assumption). Still, intel would have to see an increase in profit for cpu sales atleast equivelant to the decrease due to loss of chipset sales. I wonder what nvidia will have to offer to get the license.

Nite_Hawk

Tagrineth said:
Intel chipsets rule all. They have no intention of ever leaving the chipset market.

They will not leave, but I have never been more satisfied in my life with a motherboard then I am with my abit nf7-s rev1.2. Seriously it is the best thing since sliced bread. It is so good in fact I think it biases my opinion of their graphics cards. Although I do have ATI stuff now, still I think man they can't be that bad and make a chipset this good. (crazy but true)

Nite_Hawk said:
I think the important question here is what is in it for intel to allow nvidia to produce chipsets for the P4 platform.
... An nvidia chipset on intel would only really serve to take away some of the gamer market from intel. I doubt many people would be switching from athlon to P4 simply because of the nvidia chipset (though perhaps with the number of people here that seem to enjoy nvidia's sound system, this is a false assumption).
Nite_Hawk

I am one of those people I yearn for the day I can once again use a p4 setup. And I simply will not until they can offer a solution as good as the nforce has become. So in the best of both worlds if Nvidia did make a chipset, then I would quit buying as many athlons and Intel would get more money.

Back