Intel Larrabee set for release in 2010

I'll add it right next to the one that says you will *not* make up senseless 'rules' and ask us to implement them.

It's as if all common sense has left the world of technology enthusiasm sometimes. If you don't like Fudzilla, quietly choose to ignore the links and what's said about them, wherever possible. Don't force your news filtering agenda on everyone else.

I'll add it right next to the one that says you will *not* make up senseless 'rules' and ask us to implement them.

It's as if all common sense has left the world of technology enthusiasm sometimes. If you don't like Fudzilla, quietly choose to ignore the links and what's said about them, wherever possible. Don't force your news filtering agenda on everyone else.

Jeez, it was a joke.

Guess I forgot to add the smiley.

Jeez, it was a joke.
It's okay :) I agree with Rys though: fudzilla is not even bad enough to half-jokingly consider such a rule, IMO. In recent months, Fudo has had some interesting exclusives that turned out to be spot on, including one AMD exec resignation way before anybody else.

However, he's wrong more often than right by a fair bit AFAICT, and in that context it's important never to take what he writes with a *lot* of salt. But that doesn't mean it isn't worth linking to if related to the discussion at hand, imo...

it'll be interesting to see how the top-end Larrabee with the most cores compares to Nvidia G100
and AMD R800 in a variety of different games and graphical situations.

it'll be interesting to see how the top-end Larrabee with the most cores compares to Nvidia G100
and AMD R800 in a variety of different games and graphical situations.

NV should be past G100 by then. G100 is a 2H 2008 product. Larrabee won't be out until '09 at the earliest.

Stupid question maybe, but *could* it be that Larrabee is based on a large number of very simple x86 cores each with a PowerVR SGX unit integrated? The individual cores could basically be the same as the ones suitable for cell phones.

SGX is highly scalable and SGX 555 is aimed / targeted at the PC space and is designed to be embedded in a SoC.

Back