Intel already kicking ATI out of the deal

Duh? :p

I'm not sure why people are so surpised to see Intel not choosing to work with their direct competitor. :| Adjusting their marketing campaign is more easier than revoking the bus licence. Intel is just on their natural course of action.

The whole ATI/AMD buyout has really annoyed me. ATI and Intel have been my parts of choice for awhile and just as they were starting to get friendly AMD had to pull this stunt, let alone what it might mean for ATI's future. :devilish:

Last edited by a moderator:
Does it honestly matter? Was a game going to make someone choose between a Intel CPU and Nvidia card or an Intel CPU and ATi card? Dont really think so. A game makes a person switch between which company they'll get the card from, not which company made the chip on the card.

Frankly I'm tired of people thinking Intel and ATi were lovers of some sort. That was not the case at all. Intel had shortage issues, it was easier to go with someone who had a good chipset for the market Intel needed it for at the time. This was ATi, after that itme the thing was pretty much up.

The marketing aspects are one of the very minor things that will come up with this.

There never was this Intel and ATi sleep together that people keep trying to make.

Intel needs to be shot dead, quartered and sent into the sun.

I for one look forward to perhaps seeing an AMD/ATI combo motherboard/Videocard solution, that would be just dandy...however unlikely.

ANova said:
The whole ATI/AMD buyout has really annoyed me. ATI and Intel have been my parts of choice for awhile and just as they were starting to get friendly AMD had to pull this stunt, let alone what it might mean for ATI's future. :devilish:

It was mutual. It was not a hostile buyout.

Back