inFAMOUS Second Son [PS4]

I'm not sure what the effect is called, when you look at a bright light source and then away, the game mimics you eyes re-adjusting. ISS does this really aggressively and I find it incredibly jarring. Especially when you're constantly swinging your view from light to dark.

I don't feel that the game mimics that at all - I don't know whether on purpose, but the effects are a lot more like how a camera adjusts the brightness / contrast levels based on what the lens is seeing. But it does do some really nice things with the lighting of different surfaces in general also depending on angles that you look at them. Overall the game looks really great and consistent. Smaller indoor areas also can look really good with tons of detail and nice lights and shadows.

PLayed this again after a loong time.....the third power si very fun once u get used to the change in playstyle. I am very happy they changed mechanics with a power later, even though I could keep playig with neon for years ! Lovely game ! THe basic gameplay is so fluid and fun that nothing else matters !

Is this visible? These are some shots through share-facebook when I just got to the lantern district ...

1956890_808931005783651_3617122671572255421_o.jpg

10286867_808931872450231_9137514701825536277_o.jpg

10257949_808932909116794_7598127857330477024_o.jpg

PLayed this again after a loong time.....the third power si very fun once u get used to the change in playstyle. I am very happy they changed mechanics with a power later, even though I could keep playig with neon for years ! Lovely game ! THe basic gameplay is so fluid and fun that nothing else matters !

Preach!:cool:

Saw the credits to this game yesterday. Really enjoyed it - the boss fights, which I usually really hate, were pretty decent here. I really enjoyed having decent acting in the story beats. Traversing the world is enjoyable, though the surfing of electricity lines was a tad cooler in the old game - but Neon power in this game is probably my favorite, though the third power has some cool aspects too, but neon looks great and the art one of the other main characters makes with it is awesome - I look forward to having Move combined with Morpheus so you can do that in real-time yourself and in 3D! Maybe that's something Media Molecule's project will support, could be amazing.

There is still a tonne left to do in the city, missions, cleaning it up, but any game that makes me want to come back long enough to finish it for me is part of a select group and comes highly recommended. Partly thanks to the speed you can travel through this world, it feels very next-gen, probably the most of all the games I've played so far, even if there are still some last-gen style aspects to the world. I really loved finding a little playground for a child daycare center in this game too.

Bringing the city a bit more alive would be great for the next game, but the high quality textures and lighting were definite highlights.

I found the subsurface scattering technique to be really impressive in this game, I would like to know whether this was the real thing or was it being faked like in TLOU?

So.

Yeah.

You know this building in the Lantern District?

BpBdaaOCYAA6wvc.jpg

Well, I flew into it while using the third power. And I mean literally flew into it. Unintentionally went right through the wall, now I'm inside the building. That's why the above screenshot is so bad, I'm too lazy to reload the game (to get out of the building) and take a better one.

That's not what tripped me out, though. Breaking a wall in a video game is nothing to make a fuss over.

No, what blew my mind is this. Considering how screen-space reflections work, I suppose it makes perfect sense that it would happen, but still: I never expected to see a floor in a video game reflecting a hall-of-mirrors artifact.

I think I've just had a true next-gen experience ;)

Heh, cool!

I think I may have gotten half stuck into a building once with the video power too, but managed to get out again the same way. I think it was during a mission.

I spent two more hours after the credits doing some district cleanup and challenges. The interactions with the call operator are very amusing, Delsin's purposely bad acting and her professional responses are very funny. I watched some Watch Dogs livestreams yesterday, and while I liked how that city looked alive, man, Ubisoft hired some really bad voice actors! Infamous stands out there by a long mile.

Infamous kills WD in every dept , IMO. Infamous is just simply a ton of fun, even if the side activites are nothing to write home about, the simple act of killing DUP to get control back is super fun.

WD is also fun, but in the Fun-o-meter, INfamous is far ahead of it !

Hi guys. Finished the game on good Karma some time ago and just now I finished all Papertrail riddles.

I was expecting a trophy or a last encounter or something with Celia but all I got was a cut scene with her past, a papertrail jacket and her last Origami.

Delsin says something along the lines that he will "fix things" but there is nothing to do after that. Probably will have something to do with the next sequel?

That Papertrail side mission wasnt a simple task to finish. Going back and forth from console to computer, taking notes, solving the riddles was cumbersome and not very easy. I enjoyed it a lot as I love this kind of riddles and had a sense of accomplishment every time I figured out the solution to the next part. A trophy or some new power to award you for the effort and time would have been pretty nice though. This should at least have provided a trophy considering that all other side missions gave you one. This one was more time consuming and "harder" than the normal side missions.

But it just leaves you with an empty feeling after you finish all

Is there something I missed?

Hi guys. Finished the game on good Karma some time ago and just now I finished all Papertrail riddles.

I was expecting a trophy or a last encounter or something with Celia but all I got was a cut scene with her past, a papertrail jacket and her last Origami.

Delsin says something along the lines that he will "fix things" but there is nothing to do after that. Probably will have something to do with the next sequel?

That Papertrail side mission wasnt a simple task to finish. Going back and forth from console to computer, taking notes, solving the riddles was cumbersome and not very easy. I enjoyed it a lot as I love this kind of riddles and had a sense of accomplishment every time I figured out the solution to the next part. A trophy or some new power to award you for the effort and time would have been pretty nice though. This should at least have provided a trophy considering that all other side missions gave you one. This one was more time consuming and "harder" than the normal side missions.

But it just leaves you with an empty feeling after you finish all

Is there something I missed?

I got the platinum trophy without any paper trail mission, so no tropy is normal I guess :(

Also this game was my first platinum, super easy as well: my fist play through was on hard, playing super-hero-good, destroying every enemy in sight, doing every available side-mission. I was able to buy every power on that play-through. I got like 70-80% of all trophies without even trying, which is a good thing because trophies should be natural (if that makes any sense :D)

Anyway it is a good title, and I am sure that inFamous: Third Son will be super amazing!!

edit: I also bought the Sony Gold headphones for this game, I was not disappointed!

This was my second platinum, acquired only a day after I platinum'd Wolfenstein The New Order.

Great game, cant wait for Fetch DLC.

I honestly didn't know what to think before buying the game. I guess l didn't think i'd enjoy it but for £24.99 l thought i'd take a punt. I really started to think the game started getting really good at near %40 completion (when l got the video power up). But then l felt the campaign suddenly ended :(

I did replay the game by playing good and got %89 of the trophies so far.

Visually the game is right up there with Killzone : SF.

I give the game a 7/10 due to the length of the story campaign. It could have done with several more mission (mix it up between good and evil and there were not enough of those) to really take advantage of the powers.

just got Neon powers..
are you kidding me? holy next gen this game looks spectacular..

And i got a 3rd power waiting that is even more crazy?

3rd power was my favorite, it enabled even more engaging traversal options, and it totally changed my approach of combat.

There is also 4th power, but it was showed in at the very end.

In retrospect I really miss the more comic book vibe of the first two games, particularly the original. The Reapers and Trashmen. Crazy Sasha. Alden. Kessler. John.

There was so much going on and the enemies, particularly the trash men golems, were awesome.

I'd love a re-envisioning of the first game, with powers from the first two, on PS4. I loved being able to throw cars in Infamous 2 - it felt amazing and was real superhero stuff!

Back