I'm happily married but I like to flirt with girls

Reverend

Banned
I'm 41, married for 13 years, have a 7yo son and for the past year or so I can't help but think of flirting with almost every girl I meet/know. Most of these girls know my marital status but most of them don't seem to mind my flirting. However, it's only the flirting I can't help doing; I don't think I'd have sex with any of them even if they responded.

Does this make them think bad of me? What is wrong with me? Is this what is meant by middle age crisis?

I'm 41, married for 13 years, have a 7yo son and for the past year or so I can't help but think of flirting with almost every girl I meet/know. Most of these girls know my marital status but most of them don't seem to mind my flirting. However, it's only the flirting I can't help doing; I don't think I'd have sex with any of them even if they responded.

Does this make them think bad of me? What is wrong with me? Is this what is meant by middle age crisis?

Middle Age Crisis is my bet.

You're basically (IMO - dime story psychology here) looking for an ego boost. "Do I still got it?" Do some introspection - I have the feeling once you are able to honestly realize your motivation, you'll find some peace.

Some may think bad of you. And yes it looks like the famous middle age crisis.

Wellcome to the human race.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yes. Midlife crisis BTW.

They don't think bad of you, everyone's attracted to what they're not allowed to have (a married man in this case). Perfectly normal.

Uhm... he said he was flirting with girls.
I'm not sure but is that slang for "man"? :???:

Yes. Midlife crisis BTW.

They don't think bad of you, everyone's attracted to what they're not allowed to have (a married man in this case). Perfectly normal.

Yes. Midlife crisis BTW.

I was going to say, I'm not at all attracted to married men. :???:

(Well, 'cept for JR....but he's the exception and not the rule. ;) )

Uhm... he said he was flirting with girls.
I'm not sure but is that slang for "man"? :???:

Good grief. It was entirely obvious what he meant. Or is this just one of your "lookatmelookatme" posts?

The girls are attracted to what they can't have - i.e. a married man.

you are perfectly fine, you are NOT in a midlife crisis.
you are just healthy thats all. its just .....in the blood....:cool:

Ok, seriously then? I'd be a bit worried Rev. There isn't anything wrong with what you're doing, but it could lead to trouble....are you sure you know what kind of fire you're playing with and are you prepared to deal with the consequences if you get burned?

However, it's only the flirting I can't help doing; I don't think I'd have sex with any of them even if they responded.
I'd have been less concerned if you'd have written something like, "I'd never go threw with it or actually do anything, I just enjoy the flirting". What you wrote conveys to me an uncertainty about what your intentions/actions would be if someone decides to follow up on the flirting, and that can only lead to heartache and disaster.

I'm a big believer in the whole "fidelity thing". My parents got divorced when I was a kid because my dad had an affair, I decided long ago that if I ever got married the only way I could fuck it all up was if I screwed around so I decided never to....it's worked well for me so far. :)

I'm not meaning to accuse or disparage ya in any way/shape/form here, just giving you my honest opinion. There isn't anything wrong with flirting a bit, but make sure you know going in that it isn't going to go anywhere to make sure you don't screw up what you have. ;)

Don't ask for advice on the boards.
Visit a marital psychologist.

The other good thing is, the girls definitely know you're just out for some fun when they see the ring. They know they won't have a needy, clingy boy-toy stalking them etc. afterwards. I actually know a guy who wears a ring looking like a wedding ring although he isn't married at all - works fine for his game.

Heh, I've been asked if my wedding ring was a real wedding ring or not more than a few times in the last decade. :LOL:

We picked 'em up in Cancun the day we got married, haggled for 'em even. (I like haggling, oodles of fun!) Got two simple pure silver rings for $15us.

I got my wife a white gold one to replace her silver one a few years back, but I still have my original cheapy. The weld on it has busted so there is a tiny gap at times, and I really should clean it more often....I just like it too much to change it for a new one, it means a lot to me. :)

Sorry, stupid babble. I'm in a happy mood and I really have been asked if my ring was a prop or not and I always end up telling that story when I do. My wife is actually after me to get new matching rings and I think I'll cave so long as they can be silver. (I'm not a gold person, I prefer silver.)

Heh, I've been asked if my wedding ring was a real wedding ring or not more than a few times in the last decade. :LOL:

We picked 'em up in Cancun the day we got married, haggled for 'em even. (I like haggling, oodles of fun!) Got two simple pure silver rings for $15us.

I got my wife a white gold one to replace her silver one a few years back, but I still have my original cheapy. The weld on it has busted so there is a tiny gap at times, and I really should clean it more often....I just like it too much to change it for a new one, it means a lot to me. :)

Sorry, stupid babble. I'm in a happy mood and I really have been asked if my ring was a prop or not and I always end up telling that story when I do. My wife is actually after me to get new matching rings and I think I'll cave so long as they can be silver. (I'm not a gold person, I prefer silver.)

My wife bought me a bag of rings in Mexico that way I can lose them and still have one.

Back