I'll get myself a PS2 this christmas. Game recommendations?

Grall

Invisible Member
Legend
I'll plan on getting Ico, MGS2 and probably Devil May Cry.

Apart from FFX, what games are great at showing off the PS2 and are fun to play? No driving games or beat-em ups please. :)

Oh, btw... Must be released in euroland.

*G*

Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank are both fun to play and graphical highlights on PS2.
If you like Diablo-style hack'n slay try Baldur's Gate. The Lord of the Rings The Two Towers is also a very "straight" game with good graphics and orchestral sound but it get's repetitive rather quickly (atleast vor me).

No driving games or beat-em ups?
What are you getting a PS2 for? :p

The games you plan to get are definitly worth the purchase, and I'll second Rez. If you can bare this sort of music and the art/style, you probably like it a lot. I still hope they do a sequel.

Have fun

Ico, MGS2, Rez, Frequency, Klonoa 2, Silent Hill 2, LOTR:TTT, Ace Combat 4, Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance, Gran Turismo 3, Burnout 2, SSX Tricky, Onimusha 1 & 2, Grand Theft Auto 3 & Vice City, Virtua Fighter 4, Mark of Kri, Ratchet & Clank, Jak & Daxter, Medal of Honor:Frontline, Rygar, Devil May Cry, Final Fantasy X.

You should read reviews for these games, of course, as you may not like all of them.

I'd say stay away from MGS2, Silent Hill 2, GTA:VC, Maximo and Devil May Cry. I'm a fan of the original from all of these games (MGS and SH1 were easily my two favorite PSX games, GTA3 is possibly my favorite game ever, Ghosts & Goblins/Ghouls & Ghosts were classics I remember playing) and the sequels were disappointing to say the very, very least. IMO of course. :)

Baldur's Gate, GTA3, ICO, Jak and Daxter, Ratchet and Clank, Virtua Fighter 4, Onimusha. Then of course there are all the sports games.

Heh, it's completely the opposite for me :)

I know it's a popular opinion that MGS is a better game than MGS2, but I don't think so (I played MGS for the first time *after* I finished MGS2) Same for the Silent Hill. I really think there is no contest how much the sequel is better. Btw, Devil May Cry is not a sequel to anything, AFAIK.

Devil May Cry is a brand-spanking new franchise that was originally intended to be RE4 in its early stages..

The new/permanent RE4 looks rather similar to DMC still. It might even have th' same general camera and controls!

BTW, many people believe DMC to be something of a 3D Castlevania done right. Funny how Capcom is the one to bring a very Castlevania-esque game to 3D successfully.. while Konami put out two mediocre official Castlevania titles in 3D..

Back