If you could remake any game you want to a next-gen game what would it be?

strider
forgotten worlds
gunstar heroes
earthworm jim
Batman (from Sega CD)
Assault (arcade)
Super GT
Streetfighter II Turbo in HD
Double Dragon
Sengoku (SNK)
Magician Lord (SNK)
Art of Fighting (SNK)

Hmm... pod, Lost Vikings, novastorm, FF7, and MechWarrior 2; just off of the top of my head. Oh and ECCO 2: TToT :)

Elite II:Frontier

Elite IV is planned, actually, but David Braben and Co. are busy with The Outsider ATM.

Alien Breed almost was, for PS2 anyhow. Team17 had a woring game running on the SnowBlind Studios engine (Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance, Champions of Norrath, Justice League Heroes). Yet the publisher decided not to allow it. :rolleyes:

X-Com gets a vote from me. The first game was fantastic. The second was the first with different graphics. Apocalypse was okay, but became more serious. Capturing the original would be great. BTW - Did you ever hack the weapons files? You could change the weapons power, creating grenades that destroyed an entire screen :devilish:

Gah, there would be so many things!

Personally, I have a lot of original games I would like to do. My imagination can run wild and I think I could actually come up with a lot of original concepts. But I need people who can get the work done. ;)

That said, I would love a Populous 2 remake. Populous brought the god-game into my world, and Populous 2 is still one of the best examples I can think of. I would increase the level of detail in every aspect of it, but the basic game would be nothing more than that. The people would still live independently (bar the 'heroes'), and you could still only influence the surroundings. The game would be all about online multiplayer gaming though, this time, with just a fleshed out training mode offline. I would have a beatiful world with lots of great physics (flowing water, sand, etc.) and then expand all the natural disaster stuff to take these physics into account.

Perhaps I would eventually want to try to expand it by increasing the level editor aspect a la the Game 3.0 concepts of Little Big Planet and Will Wrights' game combined. I'd certainly design the remake around these principles, even if they are then used only internally, just in case, and because it makes things easier.

Oh, my. Just imagining this. :oops:

A proper Star Control sequel would be awesome. SC3 was stinky. Seemed unfinished. And unbalanced - the Droog were too powerful.
Copycat rat bastard! :p

Also, a part of me would love to see Star Raiders resurrect itself. It's a bit out of place and niche these days, too, but the game was just so damn AMAZING for its' day.

Back