If you could remake any game you want to a next-gen game what would it be?

Cheezdoodles

+ 1
Veteran
Topic really says it all, if you could remake any game you want to a PS3\X360\ game in all its glory, what game would it be and why?

Personally, i would like to see a version of GunzOnline, which is a free online third-person shooter\sword battle game. This game is without a doubt the hardest and most in-debt shooter\sword game i have ever played.

I have no idea how they build their engine, but it allows for virtually unlimited amounts of different moves\combo's. Its just crazy to see how hardcore gamers move in that game.

Topic really says it all, if you could remake any game you want to a PS3\X360\ game in all its glory, what game would it be and why?

Personally, i would like to see a version of GunzOnline, which is a free online third-person shooter\sword battle game. This game is without a doubt the hardest and most in-debt shooter\sword game i have ever played.

I have no idea how they build their engine, but it allows for virtually unlimited amounts of different moves\combo's. Its just crazy to see how hardcore gamers move in that game.

- Daytona USA with online MP for 16 players? I loved that game in the arcades wayyyy back when.
- SF2 Turbo remake in HD

- Street Hoop * Best basketball game ever for me , I can't even imagine how wonderful would supershots be with HDR :p*
- Final Fight * Commodore64 hall of famer ? :]*
- Captain Commando * Yup , I love arcade gaming "
- Motocross Madness * I was having fun while it shoots me into middle of the map while I cross the borders hehe *
- FIFA '96 * I like its gameplay , space for shoot , Ctrl for loob hehe and it contains G. Hagi , Romario , Z. Boban etc. :] *

Kid Icarus, Bionic Commando (the NES version)

Metroid Prime was the first of what I was hoping would be a positive trend towards the loving remake, but alas seemingly not.

I would remake the original Doom.

I was fine with FPS games when the aiming was simpler (ie no need to look up or down) so a remade version with graphics befitting current technology would be really nice for me.

I would remake the original Doom.

Well, Doom 3 pretty much gave us a preview of what the original Doom might've looked like by today's standards ;)

Mine would probably be the original super mario bros, though after seeing super paper mario, thats probably how it might've looked :eek:

My vote would go to Super Mario 3. Thats probably my all time favorite game, and seeing it in full 3D with 4xAA, HDR, DoF, and all the next gen nerdgasms would probably give me a heart attack :LOL:

Assault Suits Valken..
Assault Suits Leynos..
Xenogears..
Colony Wars...

And I would LOVE to see a Guyver game (preferably a beat em up, either 2D or 3D a la Street Fighter/Soul Calibur)..

We can only hope and pray I guess..

This :

caratulas_Rollcage_-psx-Frontal2.jpg

Or This :

zelda-ocarina-of-time.gif

Sonic - Ohh Sega, how the might have fallen, please release one followup that does the original justice. 2.5D Sidescroller please! No 3D, Bad 3D
Duke Nukem - I just loved this game, it was funny and had good interactivity for the time. I understand Duke Nukem Forever is in the works, but I need something to be playable before I die of old age.
Pool of Radiance/Eye of the Beholder - I would like to see an RPG done in the modern way, but using the more classic AD&D rules. Sorry I just don't understand the quirky Oblivion leveling system. Why do I still get my butt kicked by stupid Goblins?!?!?!
Wing Commander - Need I say more
Tresspasser - Ok, this game had some serious flaws, but FPS w/ dinosaurs is a great idea. Somehow Turok never did anything for me.

Destruction Derby with the Motorstorm engine would be killer.

Motorstorm is what reminded me of Destruction Derby -- I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk of it... it's something Sony hasn't touched since PS1 and could really be an interesting show piece if done right (lots of cars beaten to pieces!).

Back