If I was rich, I'd buy a property here

And if you got hit by a tsunami you would have no hope actually it could be interesting their with a storm surge from a cyclone.

UAE is also apparently building a skyscraper a half mile high.

Do they have money to burn or what.

Yeah, it's probably been a quite expensive project, although vital in some ways.

Their economy is largely based on oil exports, and their reserves will run out in the next 10-20 years. To keep the emirate habitable/profitable, their leader has launched a project to make them the number one luxury tourist&recreational resort in the world.

In addition to the Palm Island, they are building a "map of the world" formed by little artificial islands as well as several other similar projects. The net growth of their effective coastline is estimated to be over 2000%, from 78 to over 1500 kilometres..
The islands will all house hotels, residential buildings and shopping areas, making the entire coast a large tourist machine..

I'll keep my eye open the next time I'm spacewalking...

dubai_waterfront.jpg

http://realestate.theemiratesnetwork.com/developments/dubai/dubai_waterfront.php
_
K

yeah dubai is a happenin place. i'd love to own something there, if it weren't for worrying about someone cutting my head off because my native government has been so pretarded in that region. oh and the fact that i don't have the cash to.

i wonder how much water there is between 'leaves'/branches. looks like alot.

Back