I think confirms it.

BlueTsunami said:
Oh ok, 2 Months back then and even then, its not really clear what build that could have been.

It was the first time they showed the trailer and showed anything of VF5. They also released this pre-rendered pic:

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/243/929654_20050901_screen002.jpg

The one I posted before is the only real-time direct capture pic. Now mind you I want the stuff in the scans to be real, but I honestly don't think they are from the difference in quality between those and the direct capture screen. But we shall see I guess.

Hardknock said:
It was the first time they showed the trailer and showed anything of VF5. They also released this pre-rendered pic:

http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/images/2005/243/929654_20050901_screen002.jpg

The one I posted before is the only real-time direct capture pic. Now mind you I want the stuff in the scans to be real, but I honestly don't think they are from the difference in quality between those and the direct capture screen. But we shall see I guess.

I agree that at this time that thats the only deffinitive in-game pic that we have but I think that the scans shown are in-game shots of the Arcade version of VF5. Also, I want to state, that the pre-rendered pic you posted absolutley rocks.

so just because it says PS/S3.0 its G72?

Why oh Why are people hoping for an RSX/G72 Miracle LOL. omg its going to be mayhem next year fall.

Sidenote: Wasnt it here in Beyond3d where people saw PDZ scans just before X05 and said how real it looked. that was until the ingame footage....

pakpassion said:
so just because it says PS/S3.0 its G72?

Why oh Why are people hoping for an RSX/G72 Miracle LOL. omg its going to be mayhem next year fall.

Sidenote: Wasnt it here in Beyond3d where people saw PDZ scans just before X05 and said how real it looked. that was until the ingame footage....

They already showed ingame footage.

Has anyone seen the Kata for the monk in VF4 running on NAOMI 2? It looks awesome so I expect VF5 with powerful shaders to look even better.

VF4 Sarah (The Arcade version, not the PS2 one)
T0_-1_854563.jpg

VF5 Sarah
T0_-1_854584.jpg

Characters do look different, the skin color are more akin to VF3. Head body proportion are different. Though the overall design are from the original VF1. Stages are improved as well.

She looks much more feminine in VF5 (which is a good thing). The lighting, texture of the clothing and levels all look better in VF5 (which is expected of course).

Some new info from Sega Private Show on VF5.

Each Characters will have 2 costumes and a variation of each one.
Items customisation has been exapanded to create more unique looking characters.

On target for release around/after spring next year. (Really telling that the game still in development)

Also can you give any more info on the rest of the private show.

On other games and their impressions.

http://virtuafighter.com/versuscity/showflat.php/Cat/0/Number/133871/an/0/page/0#133871

" The Sega private show 2005 " autumn " " opening 05/11/01
" The Sega private show 2005 " autumn " " it was held this day, in the Ota Ku cattail rice field. The new commodity extending through the spring of next year was exhibited, also the topic work 2 work was exhibited image. First, we introduce from the video game 3 work which can really be played.

The 1st work image was exhibited " パワースマッシュ 3 " is with September AM show. The up-to-date work of the large hit sport game " パワースマッシュ " series employing new baseplate " Lindbergh ", it is appearance.

Operation with the previous production similar 1 lever 2 button simply play possible anyone. Also the play character has appointed the existence player who begins the " Ro jar * フェデラー ". 12 characters could use with the show meeting place.

There is adoption of the IC card now as a new element from the work. Because of this, other than the register and results record of name, modification of the costume and the gear and modification of the place tile became possible.

And you adapt with " バーチャファイタ - 4 final tuned ", if " challenge - mode " and it wins, when the extent which wins rises " SPT worldwide ranking " and condition of specification is satisfied you can receive, " the medal " and so on, the new element is full load in addition. Spring of next year it is sale schedule, whether (before or after the balancing accounts it is undecided).

Next the beginning appeared " the PSY - PHI / the サイファイ " is with AM show. Because you wrote on also the column of the time before in regard to game contents, you abbreviate. With the latest show, also the character which the last time cannot be used joined, could use 7 characters. It is April sale schedule.

It becomes last, as an exhibition work " メラルスラッグ 6 " is. It is the work where this way is exhibited in previous AM show. After 2 aspects to play it could do with the latest show.

" Hard " mode and " easy " mode was selection possible when starting the play. " Hard " mode seems like the same mode as the present work. As for " easy " mode with all the 2 stages, standard equipment has become the machine-gun. It is February sale schedule.

It is the image exhibition work. With AM show work name " the afterburner was (temporary), ", but in the latest image exhibition " the afterburner The climax " and name had changed. There was no introduction in the frame and the system surface.

" The バーチャファイタ - 5 " is last. As for this way " the afterburner " striking, changing, introduction in the system surface was rather done.

First it is addition of the costume. Have no other choice but to 1p version, 2p version and 2 types, the costume became all the 4 types to in the past. In addition, also the installation region of the item has reached 5 times or more. With increase of installation and removal place, it is possible to put out more unique style.

Next used the live monitor " the VF. The TV (buoy f tea B)" is. True to its name " the バーチャファイタ - it is television program of 5 ". It is the service which uses the live monitor which with " iron fist 5 " of the ナムコ is used.

Fight of the superior ranking person is broadcasted with the nationwide net. Furthermore even with you adapt " ability looking ", " Saito 淳 " with " Fukami forming 秀 " it is the explanation attachment. It was introduced, " the VF. The SEGA - the interview image " of large Satoshi Katagiri " of the AM2 was flowing in image of TV " program.

In image " VF. There was also a program chart of the TV ", it was real. It seems that is store program, area program and nationwide program even in program, but in regard to the difference of contents you could not verify.

When the " afterburner climax " also as many as " the バーチャファイタ - you think from the circumstance, 5 " only image exhibition at present time, it seems that becomes sale after the spring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep posted in the Console Games section check it out. Lets talk about it there being that it spanks the crap out of DOA4.

VF4 modelling

BlueTsunami said:
She looks much more feminine in VF5 (which is a good thing). The lighting, texture of the clothing and levels all look better in VF5 (which is expected of course).

VF4 characters had very bad model design. Characters were smooth and detailed but proportions were silly. It is nice to see VF5 character models have better proportions.

ihamoitc2005 said:
VF4 characters had very bad model design. Characters were smooth and detailed but proportions were silly. It is nice to see VF5 character models have better proportions.

The modelling has always been industry leading.

Back