I love General Patton

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
He has some of the most truthful but yet hilarious quotes.
http://www.military-quotes.com/Patton.htm

"If everyone is thinking alike, someone isn't thinking."

"Infantry must move forward to close with the enemy. It must shoot in order to move…. To halt under fire is folly. To halt under fire and not fire back is suicide. Officers must set the example"

"
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom."

"Never tell people how to do things.
Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. "

"Moral courage is the most valuable and usually the most absent characteristic in men."

:LOL:

yep

the quotes are great

icon14.gif

"Out there" is right, alright. ;)

One could also easily argue that he was a wreckless kook.

I've always wondered why America seems to breed such erm..."colourful" commanders. :) LeMay and McArthur springs to mind, besides Patton...

I do not fear failure. I only fear the "slowing up" of the engine inside of me which is pounding, saying, "Keep going, someone must be on top, why not you?"

If we take the generally accepted definition of bravery as a quality which knows no fear, I have never seen a brave man. All men are frightened. The more intelligent they are, the more they are frightened.

There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates

Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets.

MPI said:
"Out there" is right, alright. ;)

One could also easily argue that he was a wreckless kook.

I've always wondered why America seems to breed such erm..."colourful" commanders. :) LeMay and McArthur springs to mind, besides Patton...

Hoo boy did I hear some LeMay stories a couple months ago from a guy who worked with back in the day. Many more too. Custer and JEB Stuart. Sherman had more twitches than the PGL champion and Stonewall Jackson was, errm, "eccentric".

Epic:
That's Douglas MacArthur that the RCP article is talking about, not George Patton. Patton died years before the Korean conflict began.

edit: extraneous comment shitcanned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back