I hate real estate agents and house hunting!!!!

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
Damn it, it's really looking like we might actually move this time. My wife has been looking at houses for the last week and the store she's working at currently is closing in September and she's still trying to decide between a severance package, a relocation package, or just transfering to a new store.

I think it's gonna be the second two. :rolleyes:

There are some NICE houses out in Crown Point, about 10 miles from here, for ridiculously cheap with a pier in the backyard on a lake! She was looking at a freaking 13 room MONSTER that was actually in our price range like that with two master bedrooms both having full baths and walk out balcony/porches (one screened, one open air) with fireplaces and I must admit it tempted me greatly.

But I HATE moving, and I HATE dealing with cheeseball real estate agents!

The moving is self-explanatory, but mebbe the real estate agent bit isn't. Real estate agents bug me, and bug me bad most of the time. I've met one I've liked so far over the years, and she retired...the rest have been pompous plastic people who are salesmen in the very worst sense of the word!

Sorry for the venting, but I get all uppity when my wife starts the moving noises...and I think this is the most serious I've ever seen her about it. :?

My wife is doing the same to me. I feel your pain man. :devilish: I think I have a few months before having to move (again).

As to estate agents.. they are bad and there are a lot of sharks out there. Estate Agents get a bad rep here in Britain, unfortunately most of it is deserved.

I don't know what their rep is in my country, this is my first real experience in dealing with them. My wife had been shopping for houses for a year before I met her and got this one without my input.

Besides, unbeknowst to me then future-wife was that her real estate lady was an old friend of my mothers. Me, my brother, and my sister all used to play in orchestra with her kids. (And I still got the cello we bought off of them)

She's about the only one I've met I liked, but my wife didn't care for her. :rolleyes:

So now we're dealing with all kinds of the slimey cheeseballs and they're just sooo pathetic and annoying at times!

It's just not an honest way to make a living, they're like leeches or something. :?

digitalwanderer said:
It's just not an honest way to make a living, they're like leeches or something. :?

Try buying real estate without their help. It's like lawyers. Nobody likes them until they need one.

Schaden said:
digitalwanderer said:

Try buying real estate without their help. It's like lawyers. Nobody likes them until they need one.
true.

Although you can do the hunting on your own, i dont really recommend that. more trouble than its worth. A good real estate agent is worth their weight in gold. try asking your friends/family if they had any good ones.

epic

so tell me , are all houses in the USA made made out of 90 % wood?
that's what i always see in movies..

i saw that extreme makeover program where they rebuild a complete big house in6 or so days..

i would like to see that with doing that here . 6days my ass

Actually steel has replaced most wood in new construction over here. They have these ridged stamped 2x4's now made out of metal that are cheaper/lighter/easier to work with. (As long as ya got all your metal cutting tools)

At least that was the trend about 10 years ago back when I was working as an electrician.

digitalwanderer said:
Actually steel has replaced most wood in new construction over here. They have these ridged stamped 2x4's now made out of metal that are cheaper/lighter/easier to work with. (As long as ya got all your metal cutting tools)

At least that was the trend about 10 years ago back when I was working as an electrician.
We wanted to build with steel studs, but our builder wouldn't, as none of the trademen know how to work with it well.

He wanted quite a premium, so we dropped the idea.

(In other words, in Texas, at least, wood stick framing is still the norm).

My house has a stucco/limestone veneer, however.

RussSchultz said:
We wanted to build with steel studs, but our builder wouldn't, as none of the trademen know how to work with it well.
"Steel studs"! THAT'S the word I couldn't remember, thanks Russ. :)

Oh, and...

The commission's final report revealed that two C.I.A. analysts involved in preparing the brief had wanted to make clear to Mr. Bush that, far from being only a historical threat, the threat that Al Qaeda would strike on American soil was "both current and serious."

:p

steel studs are very rarely used in residential contrustion because if a fire occurs then the steel heats up and becomes weaker, thus making the structure of the house weak and often the house collapses under its own weight.

and buying real estate without an agent is the preferred way. it's difficult the first time, but once you know your way through it then its much easier. "for sale by owner" is greatly preferred amongst the people who know what they are doing. not only will you generally get less spin, but also the price is usually substantially less.

Back