Ok, what house advice can I get here?

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

In fairness I've been noticing that different people have different standards when it comes to cleanliness. (Read that as "My wife is Felix, I'm Oscar"...and big points to anyone who gets the reference. :p )

In fairness I've been noticing that different people have different standards when it comes to cleanliness. (Read that as "My wife is Felix, I'm Oscar"...and big points to anyone who gets the reference. :p )

As a member of the born in the 60's club, catching an Odd Couple reference isn't too difficult.

I'm just surprised he left out the part where he gets into a hazmat suit to handle the vacuum in the first place.

I see your problem, you're not too bright.
Let me guess, you're a Passer domesticus so dust baths are second nature to you. No wonder you can't really see much if at all. A bit of a bird-brain, n'est-ce pas?

I'm just surprised he left out the part where he gets into a hazmat suit to handle the vacuum in the first place.
I'm not surprised you've flailed at the obvious sarcasm, but given you've confused open-plan with open-sewer living perhaps you may find it beneficial?

Do you travel around your house on a mobility scooter? I'd hate to step on the floor considering how much of it your gutless bag vac leaves there.

Get bag, remove container, insert entire container into the bag, hold bag closed around the container, invert it, shake, wait a few seconds for the dust to settle. If you want to wipe the inside, use a damp paper tower. OMG i've beaten the dust cloud. I'm a genius.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMG the new house is a bloody dream! After being here a week and a half it feels almost settled enough to call home.

It's wonderful, truly wonderful. I'm in awe of its wonderfulness still. :)

Wow, been a while since I updated. Sorry, been biddy. :p

Rascal just f-ing escaped the backyard again! Her and Lulu escaped again over the weekend, so me and Maddy put up some more edging fencing along the bottom of the fence and we thought we had it licked, but apparently their determination is as great as their stupid and the puppies got another victory on me...but this time I saw how they do it. Rascal had gotten out, Lulu couldn't, and Molly was inside and barked to bust 'em for me.

When I went out to see why Rascal wasn't coming in, I saw her trying to poke her head under the fence just past the last section of edging fence I'd installed. Apparently if they can squeeze their heads under then they lie flat on their side and just kick/drag themselves under the fence. It also explains why Molly couldn't escape, she's smaller than the other two but a bit fatter. Lulu and Rascal are sort of insanely cut. :? As an added bonus I now know why Lulu and Rascal have been suffering cuts/scrapes on the side of their back legs. :rolleyes:

So I'm gonna go out and get another 20' section of fencing from Ace when I go and pick Maddy up later, it's about a block away from the school....and it's only about $15 a 20' section. (I'm up to about 5 now with some PVC garden fencing reinforcement. Sort of stupid, but it doesn't look nearly as bad as it sounds since it's all white and fency stuff at least. I'm keeping it just under the wife's new home requirements whilst balancing the fact that we can NOT let the puppies out to roam)

In udder news, we spent the day yesterday at Highland house moving and cleaning stuff out. Got a hell of a lot done and I feel a lot better about life in general now. Gonna go hit it a couple more times this week and drop off a key to Randy and get started on getting it rented out, we've been putting it off/busy too long and we can't ignore it anymore.

Gotta admit that the more I live here the more I like it. When the dogs do get out I don't worry, we have very little traffic and lots of open places for 'em to run. Plus all the neighbors here seem to have dogs and are exceptionally cool, and what little traffic we do have is mostly local and everyone drives safely/paranoid because we all know we got a lot of kids living around here.

Life is good, it's scary but nice. :)

My girl just went and chose the brick / roof and other various colours today. Scary that it might actually happen.

More like going through it than been through it, I wish it was over already. Still got some work to do, still got some stuff coming here.

My Mom put her house on the market on a Monday and had five offers by Tuesday, eight by Wednesday. I guess Santa Monica hasn't cooled off that much. :)

Well closing is looking to be at 9:30am on Thursday for us, I gotta go and clean out the garage of stuff tomorrow and Wednesday now.

We lowered our price quite a bit too, but it'll be good to have it done and gone. It hasn't felt like we've been finished moving yet to me, I'm hoping this does it. :)

Back