Ok, what house advice can I get here?

We're finishing packing, the movers are moving, it's really happening!

I'm about to disconnect the network from the old house, next time I sign on should be at the new location...whenever that is. :???:

Not really, I has no PC desk. Got my wife's rig up and running though, with internet all on the same day of the move. I'm quietly proud.

The move itself, well it was horrible. The cats didn't want to come, the dogs made a bit of a mess of the X5 and then ran straight into the pool which I had to rescue them from. :?

Other than that it's all good. ;)

Old post? It happened yesterday...

Just spent 2 hours, 3 rolls of paper towels, 4 rags, and a half bottle of lysol in the X5 and I think I got it decent enough to take to the shampoo/vac place down the street now. :???:

I was going to ask how was it you hadn't even starting packing lol. We moved recently and starting packing 2 months before settlement.

We didn't really start packing until the movers showed up, we were pretty much planning on getting mostly new stuff anyways...but we should have started earlier.

Also, we're not selling our other home we're keeping it so we get a bit more flexibility on scheduling when it needs be empty. ;)

ah that's true, makes it a lot easier. We had our life in 2 trucks and 4 cars the morning of the settlement for our house we sold, then 1 hour later settlement for our new house and unpacked.

Yeah, but I'm gonna have a couple of weeks still of rehabbing the old homestead to rent it out...so this method has its downsides too. ;)

That being said, the house is shaping up rather nicely! Got 3 systems completely up and running, I'm about to run out and pick up 2 chairs and a desk so I can get the third up. We ordered desks for me and my wife, matching GIANORMOUS desks....I'm quite excited! I'll try and find a link for 'em.

EDITED BITS:

desks.jpg

No, a vacuum. My wife has wanted the top of the line Dyson one for a while, she finally picked it up. Came here about an hour ago. Comcast also hooked me up, I now has a phone. :)

Im moving towards the end of the year / early next year. The sale was conditional on when the house finally gets built! We gets fibre in the next place!!!! Also wired networking in all the rooms!

No, a vacuum. My wife has wanted the top of the line Dyson one for a while, she finally picked it up. Came here about an hour ago.
We have buyer's remorse about ours. I prefer our old Nilfisk. Lower continuous pressure, but no messing around emptying, better tools, more flexible hose, longer cord & no need for earplugs...

She got the DC28 Animal and she seems quite enamored of it so far. If you're not happy with it doesn't it have a 5 year warranty?

I got a Bissel Spot Bot out of necessity yesterday, one of the dogs had an accident. I didn't want another carpet cleaner, just something for spots...and the bloody thing actually works great. Very happy with it. :)

I just finished making a 2d scale model of my PC room and new desks out of paper and I'm very glad I did, those suckers will only work in that room in one configuration. (The room is 11.5'x14.3', but those desks are scary fun big! )

Now my wife is trying to get me to shower so I can go and buy a grill, and mebbe a pool table for the red room... :D

I have a dyson canister vac, best vacuum I've ever owned.

I'm not sure how emptying the container is an issue, its like 1/2 the effort and none of the cost of changing a stupid bag.

If you're not happy with it doesn't it have a 5 year warranty?
We've probably had the DC23 Animal Motorhead (canister) for ~18 months. No massive problems with operation. Perhaps the upright might've been better. Small things like the crevice tool is too wide, can't slide it under/behind stuff. The hose coils one way around the unit & isn't neutral. It's also too short without the telescopic handle, & using the accessories directly mounted to the hose is a PITA. It's also louder than a 4-stroke Honda lawn mower...

I have a dyson canister vac, best vacuum I've ever owned.

I'm not sure how emptying the container is an issue, its like 1/2 the effort and none of the cost of changing a stupid bag.
Sure. Open the unit -> dust. Take the canister to the bin -> dust. Empty into bin -> dust. Got bin-liners or a bag to tip dust into? Want to clean the container? 3x the work. With the Nilfisk, take bag out & bin it. Dust stays where it's supposed to - away from me. Forget the HEPA filter on the unit, they should've supplied a HEPA face-mask for emptying. Dyson=great marketing firm.

Sure. Open the unit -> dust. Take the canister to the bin -> dust. Empty into bin -> dust. Got bin-liners or a bag to tip dust into? Want to clean the container? 3x the work. With the Nilfisk, take bag out & bin it. Dust stays where it's supposed to - away from me. Forget the HEPA filter on the unit, they should've supplied a HEPA face-mask for emptying. Dyson=great marketing firm.

I see your problem, you're not too bright.

Back